Wikimania 2013, the 9th annual international conference, is to be held in Hong Kong on on Aug 9-11 , 2013.
Are you attending Wikimania 2013 this year? Did you get scholarships from the Wikimedia Foundation for attending Wikimania this year? Add your name in this page so that others can know who all are traveling from India. It will help organize and get information from each other.
The following people are planning to attend :
|#||Name||UserName||Home wiki||City/Town||Scholarship (Yes/no) / Office bearer||Start Date from India||Return Date from Hong Kong||Presentation/Talk|
|1||Bishakha Datta||User:Bishdatta||Mumbai||WMF Board Member||6 Aug||12 Aug|
|2||Achal Prabhala||User:Aprabhala||Bangalore||WMF Advisory Board Member|
|3||Tinu Cherian||User:Tinucherian||En/Commons||Bangalore||Yes||8th Aug||12th Aug|
|4||Pranav||En/Commons||Mumbai||Yes/Chapter Board Member||8th Aug||12th Aug|
|5||Netha||User:Netha Hussain||ml/en/Commons/meta||Kozhikode||Yes||7th August||12th August||Towards bridging the gendergap in Indian Wikimedia Community (accepted)|
|6||Arnav Sonara||Rangilo Gujarati||Gu/EN/Commons/Outreach||Jamnagar||Yes (Partial)||6th August||18th August|
|7||Santhosh Thottingal||User:Santhosh.thottingal||Kochi||WMF Engineering||3rd August||12th August|
|8||Kavya Manohar||User:KavyaManohar||ml||Kochi||No||3rd August||12th August||Women and non-conventional education - A study from Indian cultural context|
|9||Parvathi Narayanan||User:Parvathisri||ta/Commons||salem, Tamilnadu.||Yes||6th August||12th August|
|10||Sengai Podhuvan||User:Sengai_Podhuvan||ta||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||Yes|
|11||Arjuna Rao Chavala||User:Arjunaraoc||te/en/Commons/meta||Bangalore||FDC Member||6th August||11th August|
|12||Subhashish Panigrahi||User:Psubhashish||en/or||Bangalore||A2K||4th Aug 2013||13th Aug 2013|
|13||Vishnu Vardhan T||User:Visdaviva||en/te/meta||Bangalore||A2K||4th Aug 2013||13th Aug 2013|
|15||Kartik Mistry||User:KartikMistry||gu/en/FOSS||Mumbai||3rd Aug||12th Aug|
|16||Runa Bhattacharjee||User:Runab_WMF||Pune||WMF Engg||4th Aug||12th Aug|
Presentation/Talk proposals from Indian Wikipedians/ India
- Towards bridging the gendergap in Indian Wikimedia Community - Netha Hussain (User:Netha_Hussain
- Hindi Wikipedia: Independent Existence v/s Dependence on English Wikipedia - User:Hindustanilanguage
- Translation of Commons Templates into Hindi: The Joy and Responsibilities of Contributors - User:Hindustanilanguage
- Obstacles faced while editing localized articles - Suyog Vyawahare (User:Suyogaerospace)
- Essentials for Nurturing Small Wikis - Arjuna Rao Chavala ( User:arjunaraoc )
- Women and non-conventional education - A study from Indian cultural context - Kavya Manohar ( User:Kavya_Manohar )
- Empire: Another look at Wikipedia - Achal prabhala (User:Aprabhala)
- World's 6th Most Spoken Language: Bengali Wikipedia - Jayanta Nath User:jayantanth
- Language Usability Outreach Program -Runa Bhattacharjee (User:Runab_WMF
- Collaborative Editing with EtherEditor - Idea, Technology and beyond - Sucheta Ghoshal (User:Sucheta_Ghoshal)
- Transparency and collaboration in Wikimedia engineering - Sumana Harihareswara (WMF)
- Language Coverage Dashboard - 285 languages and counting - Alolita Sharma(US) (WMF), Runa Bhattacharjee
- Who's doing what at WMF Engineering? - Sumana Harihareswara(US) (WMF)
- Telugu Wikimedia projects: Challenges & Opportunities -V. Veera Venkata Chowdary (User:Veeven
- Urdu Wikipedia in Rural India - Abdul Rauf (Haseeb)
- Wikipedia and Wikiversity - Challenges and Benefits for India - Abhishek Singh (User:abhisheksinghWIKI
- Some of out of scope proposals are not listed here.
* Apply for Wikimedia Foundation Scholarship. (If you don't wish to travel by own means)
- More Information : http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships
- Deadline : 16 Feb 2013
- Reply and confirm your scholarship acceptance. ( Once you get the scholarship selection mail)
* Are you planning to presentation/workshop/seminar at Wikimania? http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
- Deadline for submitting proposals: 30 April 2013
- Notification of acceptance: June 2013 (TBD)
- Do we need visa for traveling for Wikimania?
- Hong Kong is a special Administrative Region of China. Indian Nationals do not require a visa for a period of stay of up to 14 days either for tourism or business. Visa is required for a stay exceeding 14 days
- Registration is needed for scholarship recipients! Register here: http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration
- You want to subscribe to wikimania-l mailing list to stay in touch with current updates.
- Contact Wikimania:Information Desk for some useful information
- Confirm your travel date for Foundation approved travel agent for booking flight tickets. Please note that the delay in this may result in not getting your preferred dates. ( Last date: 15 June 2013)
- Useable Tips:
- Dragon Air offers cheap & non-stop flights to Hong Kong.
- Jet Airways also offers direct flights from Mumbai and Delhi in decent fare. If you are not from Mumbai or Delhi, you might consider using this as connecting flights.
- Useable Tips:
- Register & Confirm you accommodation : http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Accommodation
Wikimania 2017*Wikimania 2016 *Wikimania 2015 *Wikimania2014 *Wikimania2013 * Wikimania2012 * Wikimania2011 * Wikimania2010 * Wikimania2009 * Wikimania2008 * Wikimania2007 * Wikimania2006 * Wikimania2005