Difference between revisions of "Wikimania2011"
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
| Achal Prabhala
| Achal Prabhala
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
| Hisham Mundol
| Hisham Mundol
Revision as of 21:32, 31 March 2011
Wikimania 2011, the 7th annual international conference, is being held on August 4-7, 2011. Are you attending Wikimania 2011 at Haifa, Israel this year? Did you get scholarships from the Wikimedia Foundation for attending Wikimania this year? Add your name in this page so that others can know who all are travelling from India. It will help organize and get information from each other.
|#||Name||UserName||Home wiki||City/Town||Airport||Scholarship (Yes/no) / Office bearer||Start Date from India||Return Date from Haifa||Presentation/Talk|
|1||Jayanta Nath||User:jayantanth||Bengali||Kolkata||kolkata||Yes||not finalized (may be 3 Augest 2011)||not finalized (may be 8 Augest 2011)|
|2||Prashanth NS||User:Prashanthns||English||Bangalore||Bangalore/Brussels (not sure yet)||Yes||Not sure yet||Not sure yet|
|3||Srikeit||User:Srikeit||English||Pune||Mumbai||Yes||Not finalized (may be 1st August 2011)||Not finalized (may be 8th August 2011)|
|4||Bala||User:Sodabottle||Tamil||Coimbatore||Chennai||Yes (Partial)||Not finalized (may be 3rd August 2011)||Not finalized (may be 8th August 2011)|
|5||Bishakha Datta||User:Bishdatta||Meta||Mumbai||Mumbai||Wikimedia Board of Trustee|
|6||Achal Prabhala||User:Aprabhala||Strategy Wiki||Bangalore||Bangalore||Wikimedia Advisory Board|
|7||Shiju Alex||User:Shijualex||Malayalam||Bangalore||Bangalore||Yes||Not decided||Not decided||-|
|8||Hisham Mundol||User:Hmundol||Strategy Wiki||Delhi||Delhi||Wikimedia Foundation - India Programs|
- Reply and confirm your scholarship approval.
- Confirm your travel date for Foundation approved travel agent for booking flight tickets. Please note that the delay in this may result in not getting your preferred dates.
- Are you planning to presentation/workshop/seminar at Wikimania? Remember the deadline for submitting workshop, tutorial, panel, and presentation proposals is 30 April, 2011.
- Contact your personal travel agent to know the required documents for visa application for Israel. Please note that if you intend to visit to many of the Middle-east/Arab countries in future, you may want to ask the Israeli immigration to stamp a blank page, rather than your passport.
- Start collecting the required documents. Here is a list of them. This is just for informational purposes. Please check with your personal travel agent or Embassy of Israel for complete list of documents required for B2 (Business/Meeting/ Conference) VISA.
- Application form to be filled in completely and signed by the applicant. (01 application form per person)
- Two Recent (not older than six months) passport-size photographs in color with white background. (3.5cm / 4.5cm).
- The Passport should be valid for at least six months (any other type of travel document should be valid for at least six months), beyond the intended duration of stay in the Israel territory and with at least one blank page to affix the visa
- A signed invitation letter (in Hebrew) from the Israeli company ( Wikimedia Israel) containing following detail :(a) Name of the applicant invited (b) Passport number of the applicant (c) Duration of visit & purpose of travel to Israel (d) Days of the intended stay & dates of Visit.( This letter should also come to the Embassy by Fax from Israel- Fax No. of Embassy/Consulate- Delhi- +91-11-30414555 & for Mumbai- +91-022-22824727 . The Invite letter accompanying the visa application should be in Israel Language as well as English Language
- A Covering letter from the Indian organization or company ( might not be applicable in our case)
- Proof of funds for stay/ Evidence of source of Financial support such as : (a) Bank statement for last three months (Name of the applicant should be certified by the bank in the statement) -- Statement downloaded from the internet will NOT be accepted. (b) Salary Statement for the last 2 months. ( Scholarship and invite letter from Wikimedia Foundation may also be required)
- Flight Ticket Booking
- Overseas travel medical insurance valid for Israel .The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 40,000 US$ or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation etc. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival & departure.
- One Photocopy of first and last page of the passport (in one page) to be submitted.
- Is registration needed for scholarship recipients ? http://wmreg.wikimedia.org.il
Wikimania 2017*Wikimania 2016 *Wikimania 2015 *Wikimania2014 *Wikimania2013 * Wikimania2012 * Wikimania2011 * Wikimania2010 * Wikimania2009 * Wikimania2008 * Wikimania2007 * Wikimania2006 * Wikimania2005