- 1 Wikipedia Tenth Anniversary - Bangalore planning page
Wikipedia Tenth Anniversary - Bangalore planning page
- 15th / 16th January 2011, depends on date,availability of speaker / venue. 15th also is a festive holiday.
- We are planning a one day event in Bangalore to celebrate Wikipedia's 10th anniversary. Below are notes of discussions at en:WP:MBL22. Please add your thoughts, discuss here / mailing list.
- Wikimedia Community in Bangalore
Segment 1: Wikipedian Community
Time: 09:00 to 13:00
Audience: Wikipedia editors (others welcome too)
Purpose: Share Updates, experiences and Best practices
- 09:00-09:30: Introductions
- 09:30-10:30: State of Wikimedia India-> reports from all Indian Wikipedia communities. (in person or remotely)
- 10:30-11:30: Discussion: Expectations from the Chapter.
- 11:30-11:45: TEA BREAK
- 11:45-13:00: Discussion: Plans for the Year 2011.
Other potential topics
- Showcase of specific skill sets- Image creation, Map creation, DYK, Bots, Combating vandals, Running academies, Running meetups.
Segment 2: Connect with other city Special Interest Groups
Time: 14:00 to 17:00
Audience: Wikipedians and SIG members (others welcome too)
Purpose: Explore possibilities of working together and collaboration. Identify common projects.
- 02:00-02:30: Introductions and Context setting
- Teams split into respective Focus group tracks
- 02:30-03:00: Wikimedia summary talk/presentation
- 03:00-03:30: Special Interest Group's talk/presentation
- 03:30-03:45: TEA BREAK
- 03:45-05:00: Discussion to explore projects of mutual interest.
- 3-4 parallel tracks
- Each Track led by a Wikipedian and SIG volunteer
- Wikipedian Lead to be someone who has interest in the Focus group.
- Wikipedian Lead to be able to take discussions and actions forward.
Potential SIGs to connect with
- Potential groups:
- Potential Facilitators: Kalyan/Planemad
- Potential groups: BngBirds
- Potential Facilitators: Shyamal
- Potential groups: Barcampers, Mobile Monday, Open coffee club
- Potential Facilitators: Jackerhack/Logicwiki
- Art Culture & Literature - Arunram
- Archives - GKJohn
- Praja - SBC-YPR
- Wikipedia and community heath/public health - prashanth
Segment 3: Public event
Time: 18:00 to 21:00
Audience: Everyone is invited. (Like Wikipedia, come on in!)
Purpose: Communicate Wikipedia Mission, facts, showcase its coolness, reach out to public, share India focus, discussion.
Open House -> Will be more of in an auditorium setup with more public participation.
- Intro talk with factoids about Wikipedia
- 10 second factoids by many wikipedians one by one?
- Any wikipedia(n) short video from youtube?
- Quick Q & A by public to make it interactive
- Best of Wikipedia in Indian context and recognising people behind scenes.
- Celeb talk
- Wikipedia and me
- Wikipedia and society at large?
- Chapter update
- What is chapter, need for it
- Impact on public policy making towards open access
- Call for support
- Current status.
- Documentary screening
- Note: Truth in numbers not advised
- Panel discussion on wikipedia with people from diverse backgrounds on usage etc.
- TERI ?
- IIIT B ?
- Intuit ?
Note:- IIM B,IISc are out of sight after the efforts.
- Finalize celeb speaker -- en:User:Arunram / en:User:GKJohn
- Fix up venue
- Freeze content after reaching out to special interest groups
- Get content for Wikipedia Factoids,Best of Indian WP
- Involve with educational institutions
- Reach out to offices via posters, mail chains, social media
- Media coverage pre-event, post-event
- Documentary finalization
- Work on pamphlet/FAQ, CDs or any give aways if possible
- Follow up on the merchandise
- Work on the Ten/Bangalore/Grants if needed.