From Wikimedia India Chapter
Revision as of 12:32, 10 May 2012 by Noopur28
9th Anniversary of Marathi Wikipedia
The Marathi Wikipedia was launched on 1st May 2003, and recently on 1st May 2011 it completed 9 Years!
- Number of Articles : 35,721
- Number of Pages : 1,14,759
- Number of total edits : 10,23,354
- Number of Active (Monthly) Users : 169
- Number of Bots : 64
- Number of Administrators : 12
- Marathi Wikipedia will be having 10th Anniversary Celebration Next Year.
Recently Marathi Wikipedia crossed 1,00,00 edits. Also, the current article count is already above 35,000+
Marathi Wikisource (Wikistrot)
- The Marathi Wikisource was launched in 2012. It was inaugurated by Marathi film and theater personality Amol Palekar. Many reputed Marathi literature books are available on Wikistrot for Marathi Readers.
- On the occasion of "Tech Fest 2012" at the IIT Bombay, a team of more than 10 enthusiastic volunteers had a stall to promote the Marathi Wikipedia. The festival was from 6 January to 8 January and drew more than 1 lakh students from 2500 colleges and 10,000 corporate and faculty members.
- On 15 January 2012, to celebrate the 11th Anniversary of Wikipedia, a "Techathon" was organized for creating the android apps for mobile and tablet devices to access Marathi Wikipedia again at the IIT Bombay.
- There was another section on the 11th Anniversary of Wikipedia, where Marathi Wiki academy was conducted at the Jnana Prabodhini School, Pune.