libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
- 1 Minutes of Conference Call by Election Committee Members on 25th August 2014
- 2 Minutes of Meeting with Executive committee on 20th September 2014
- 3 Minutes of Elecom meeting on 5th Oct 2014
- 4 Election notice drafts
- 5 Email Communications with EC
- 6 Verification and Approval of candidates
- 7 Communications with EC and Mailing Lists about New Account Creation Blocking
Minutes of Conference Call by Election Committee Members on 25th August 2014
- The list of electorate shared by WMIN Office to the election committee (On August 18) consists renewing members alone
- There is no authentic information on new memberships and their eligibility to take part in elections. we also noticed some unanswered membership related status enquiries in WMIN-members list 1 2
- From the conversations With executive manager elecom members understands there was a delay in processing many new membership applications by EC and WMIN office (due to non functioning of office after executive managers resignation and delay in EC approval) and application date for those applications is not considered.
- As of now the members of WMIN does not know who all are the members. Knowing electorate is essential for candidate nomination process outlined in WMIN Election And Appointment Rules. Geographically dispersed community of WMIN members cant depend on availability of eligible voters list in office for a Wiki based online process of nominations .
- Elecom members believe it is the role of EC to clarify the list of eligible voters , Since its members are not aware about the delay in approval of their memberships. This makes election committee functioning and candidate nomination process much easier .
- Elecom understands the need of following a transparent and documented process for Elecom Functioning with all member signatures on all decisions.
- Elecom Understands this effort may delay the election process than AGM legal deadlines. But we understands conducting WMIN Election fair and truthful with primary commitment to its members and Wikimedia community is our Role
- Elecom Requests EC to share Eligible Electorate in Members Mailing list. We also request EC to clarify on the status of Electorate eligibility for its New memberships along with the same announcement . We also request a copy of same in EC letterpad uploaded in Chapter wiki
- Elecom will issue Election notice after verifying the Electorate
- Elecom decided to open a page on Chapter wiki for documenting its functioning .
Signed by Elecom Members
- Anivar Aravind 01:46, 29 August 2014 (IST)
- D B Srinivas Rao 21:38 29 August 2014 (IST)
- Pavithra 11:47, 30 August 2014 (IST)
Minutes of Meeting with Executive committee on 20th September 2014
As per EC's invitation 2 members of Elecom DB Srinivas Rao and Anivar Aravind met Executive committee members during board meeting camp on September 20th 5PM . Pavithra couldn’t attend this meeting .
- The EC and Election Committee deliberated and exchanged views on the election procedure and decided on a tentative schedule for the Election / AGM date.
- EC agreed to put up membership list and eligible voters list in the wiki as per Elecom request
- Based on EC and Elecom members convenience Nov 23 is suggested as election and AGM date
Update: WMIN EC Published membership list (as of September 30) at http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Membership_List_as_on_2014_September_30
Minutes of Elecom meeting on 5th Oct 2014
2 Elecom members , Pavithra H and Anivar Aravind met during Wikimedia India Community Consultation 2014 and finalized schedule of Election announcement . DB Srinivas Rao joined over telephone.
- Elecom decided to select Anivar Aravind as returning officer and Pavithra H and DB Srinivas Rao as polling officers.
- Elecom Requested EC for publishing eligible voters list as well. (membership approved on or before August 23rd 2014)
Election notice drafts
Election notice drafts are prepared by Elecom
- Anivar Aravind 16:29, 11 October 2014 (IST)
- D B Srinivas Rao 16:51, 11 October 2014 (IST)
- Pavithra 18:09, 11 October 2014 (IST)
Email Communications with EC
- On 11th Elecom again requested EC to provide Eligible voters list(as of August 23rd) and Pavithra H , Poling officer send a reminder for same on 16th Oct 2014
- On 11th we requested Chapter EC to put up an election notice on Chapter wiki home page .Even though Ec updated it on News Template. Homepage is still not reflecting the change . We requested EC to sort out these technical glitches
- Update WMIN Chapter Program Director informs following
- Display issues in homepage fixed.
- Chapter Wiki sitenotice and homepage carry Elections 2014 announcement.
- WMIN FB and Twitter channels carried Elections 2014 news.
- Jayanta informed that EC published eligible voters list
Hi Anivar, Srinivas and Pavithra. The homepage is open for editing by everyone. Feel free to highlight the election news. Let me know if you need more help publicizing the elections, IRCs. And, please call me Ravi :)--Ravi 17:21, 18 October 2014 (IST)
- Hi Ravi , Thanks for the timely act. Please publicize the election announcement in language wiki lists and inform about IRC on Monday 20 Oct: 9.00PM - 10.30 PM . I think many members are not part of wmin-members Google groups. So it will be good if WMIN can issue a election announcement mailer to its member database . I think you have a mail chimp list of members. Sowmyan must know the details. --Anivar Aravind 00:56, 19 October 2014 (IST)
- Anivar, I will take care of emailing the members and announcing the news about IRC in social media channels. Any volunteer is free to publicize in various language mailing lists and wikis. I will be glad to help with requests that specifically need access to restricted channels (like sitenotice, social media channels).--Ravi 13:48, 19 October 2014 (IST)
Verification and Approval of candidates
Elecom observes following points after verifying 14 applications received via WMIN wiki. No applications received by Post
- Aishwarya Shendage - not seconded and form is not complete. This is a disqualification as per rule C 2. Elecom Decision: Disqualified
- Edits on Sanket Oswal's nomination 14 hour after nomination deadline . Elecom decision : Rolled back edit after deadline
- Karthik Nadar's nomination is seconded by 2 people . But Balasubramanian Jeyaraman(INDI -293) is not part of Electoral roll. Elecom decision: Striked invalid seconding .
- Sibi Kanagaraj's seconder Balasundara Raman Lakshmanan signed with name sundar . Elecom decision: Corrected it as per membership records
- None of the candidates have serve two consecutive terms.
- None of the people had more than 4 nomination+proposal+seconding. (This can not be more than the number of vacancies, 6 in the present situation. Rule C2).
- All nominated people, proposers, and seconders are eligible members who can vote.
Summary: 13 Nominations are accepted.Approved candidate nominations are following
- Dr. Abhiraj Suryawanshi (Proposer: Yohann Thomas, Seconded by: Sanket Oswal)
- Dr. Ekbal Bappukunju (Proposer: Sreejith Koiloth, Seconded by: Manoj K)
- Dr. Mahesh Mangalat (Proposer: Dr.Ranjit kumar.P , Seconded by: Hrishikesh K B)
- Hiran Venugopalan (Proposer: Nandaja Varma, Seconded by: Sebin Abraham Jacob)
- Karthik Nadar (Proposer: Viswanathan Prabhakaran, Seconded by: Srikanth Ramakrishnan)
- Netha Hussain (Proposer: Viswanathan Prabhakaran, Seconded by: Prasobh G Sreedhar)
- Nikhil Kawale (Proposer: Yohann Thomas, Seconded by: Priyanka Tiwari)
- Priyanka Tiwari (Proposer: Sandra Thomas, Seconded by: Ninad Tarambale)
- Sanket Oswal (Proposer: Yohann Thomas, Seconded by: Nikhil Kawale)
- Sibi Kanagaraj (Proposer: Karthik Nadar, Seconded by: Balasundara Raman Lakshmanan)
- Viswanathan Prabhakaran (Proposer: Netha Hussain, Seconded by: Kalyan Sarkar)
- Yohann Thomas (Proposer: Nikhil Kawale, Seconded by: Sanket Oswal)
- Yogesh Khandke (Proposer: Karthik Nadar , Seconded by: Srikanth Ramakrishnan)
Signed by Elecom members
- --Anivar Aravind 13:42, 26 October 2014 (IST)
- --Pavithra 15:01, 26 October 2014 (IST)
- --D B Srinivas Rao 18:18, 26 October 2014 (IST)
Communications with EC and Mailing Lists about New Account Creation Blocking
- Anivar wrote to wmin-members list on 30th Oct asking to remove newly introduced block on user creation and link Q&A Page . But the block is not removed but Q&A page got linked. He sent reminder again on 31st mentioning this will affect election process. Absence of response on this he wrote to EC . They mentioned it is due to increase of SPAM. Elecom requested EC to remove default block on user creation till Nov 15th .
- A member informed Anivar and informed that non-members of a society must not interfere with its election process as per the Karnataka Society rules . The member said opening Q&A page for community may be a violation of this. Elecom this year followed last year template and example and not looked deeply into this. While we are analyzing this issue on deep, temporarily we have enabled mentioning membership number along with wiki signature mandatory for Q&A page as a compliance measure . Edits without membership number on Q&A Page will be reverted. --Anivar Aravind 18:03, 31 October 2014 (IST)
- (a) Is electronic voting / meetings over internet legal under Karnataka Society Act / Rules ?
- (b) Can the member cite the specific Karnataka Society Rule ? Pradyu 10:54, 3 November 2014 (IST)
- From the MOA and Rules. This is NOT "Wikimedia India Chapter" elections, it is "Wikimedia Chapter". Also, the voting must be secret and by postal ballot for out-of-station voters Pradyu 11:35, 3 November 2014 (IST)
- (a) Voting is secret by postal ballot /at AGM
- (b) yes, legal name is "Wikimedia Chapter" --Anivar Aravind 15:06, 3 November 2014 (IST)
- After analyzing the legal ground Elecom decided to restrict wiki Q&A page participation to members alone . and all questions without mentioning valid membership number will be reverted . Considering increased spam mails originating from spam user accounts in WMIN wiki, we agreed with EC's suggestion to block anonymous automatic account creation and allow account creation only via member email requests. --Anivar Aravind 15:47, 3 November 2014 (IST)
- Can you cite the rule, because until this year any Wikipedia community user could put questions to candidates. When we can give our wikipedia.org USER:IDs so why this Censorship now ? I also see that CENSORSHIP of certain queries to candidates (not only mine) raise very serious issue which all candidates should be aware about. While analyzing the legal ground did Elecom consider Section 27 of Karnataka Society Registration Act 1960 ? Sending spam emails by its users from WMIN WIKI is an illegal action itself for which this Society can be closed down. Pradyu 16:03, 3 November 2014 (IST)