Samskrit Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration
Samskrit Wikipedia started on 21st Dec. 2003, has completed 10 very fruitful years. Samskrit Wikipedians celebrated the 10th Anniversary in a fitting manner by organizing a two-day workshop for the M Phil and Phd. Students of Karnataka Samskrit University, Chamarajapet, Bangalore on 30th and 31st of December 2013. As a part of the 10th Aniversary Celebrations a public function had been arranged on 31st evening. The occasion was utilized to introduce the following to Wikipedia community; viz.
- Upload the Improved version of the Main Page of Sa. Wikipedia.
- Release the Introduction Book on Sa. Wikipedia.
- Dr. Srinivasa Verkhedi, the Dean of Karnataka Samskrit University presided over the function and also formally uploaded the Improved version of the main page
of Sa. Wikipedia.
- Sri. Arjun Rao, Co-founder and former President of Wikimedia India Chapter, released the Introduction Book on Sa. Wikipedia.
- Sri Satyanarayana Bhat, the Trustee , Samskrita Bharati, Karnataka, delivered a speech stressing on the importance of Samskrit Wikipedia.
This function was attended by many Samskrit wikipedians and other Samskrit Scholars. Sri Omshivaprakash and Smt Pavitra from Kannada Wikipedia also were present on this occasion.
The functions which started with chanting of Vedas, concluded with Shanti Mantra.