(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for position of SIG Chair)
To be the chair of GLAM
Name of the candidate: Arun Ramarathnam
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later): INDI-003
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later): 2011
Name: Viswanathan Prabhakaran
Membership ID: INDI-173
Signature(Use Wiki Signature):--Jayanta Nath 21:37, 26 October 2014 (IST)
Membership ID:INDI - 062
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words)
Following is my past experience in GLAM for your perusal:
- Contribute to creating and maintaining Museum articles and lists in India and Asia. Details in userpage here
- Active contributor to: List of museums in India
- Creator of: List of Archives in India
- Created primary content for GLAM India pages on the chapter wiki.
- Played a key role in GLAM workshop at National Museum, New Delhi. 30+ volunteers and staff trained. 4 researched articles created as output with QR codes.
- Support Crafts Museum GLAM project to help set expectations, negotiate and sign off the MoU with Director.
- Support GLAM multiple meetings with institutions during Liam Wyatt's visit to India and Bangalore.
- GLAM outreach at Creative Commons / Wikimedia event at Chitrakala Parishat, Bangalore.
- GLAM meetings with Government Museum, Bangalore. Asst Director and staff.
- GLAM Talk to staff at Assam State Museum, Guwahati in December 2013. Included meeting with Head of Museums across Assam.
- GLAM introduction to staff member at Nagaland State Museum, Kohima in December 2013
- Meetings with Head of North East Cultural center, Dimapur. Custodian of museum there that houses priceless artifacts of the Konyak tribe.
Position Statement/Letter of intent (in not more than 200 words):
I am quite familiar with GLAM institutions in India and have the experience to get member focus on some key projects that could make a difference. I would be keen to work on the following with member and community support:
- Create more awareness among members about GLAM projects and their significance.
- Partner with a few key museums in India to do joint projects.
- Catalog museums and archives in India.
- Enhance content about cultural objects in collaboration with GLAM institutions.
- Work with Indic wikipedias to get some of these translated with community help.
I hereby seek member support for my nomination for the role GLAM SIG chair.
I, __Arun Ramarathnam___ solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Signature(Use Wiki Signature): Arunram 02:34, 27 October 2014 (IST)
Name: Arun Ramarathnam
- Place your vote here, and sign.