From Wikimedia India Chapter
Revision as of 15:22, 12 February 2012 by Sumanah (updated links)
At Wikimedia India functions, it is often asked, "How can I contribute on a technical level"? We have tutorials that can be taught at events. Here are some suggested streams for events.
Editing And Beyond stream
- Interface Introduction
- Special Namespaces: Template, Category, MediaWiki, Special etc.: refer to the architecture document
- Templates and Parser functions
- Gadgets: refer to Gadget Kitchen for learning resources & video tutorial
Installing Is The First Step To Hacking stream
- MediaWiki installation on different operating systems
- Configuration - Using Extensions
- Making of Namespace
- Database Structure
- localisation for your language at translatewiki.net
- provide information on subjects like grammatical gender, plural and grammar as part of the language support team for your language
- help us define input methods for your language
- help us with freely licensed fonts for your script and language for use as a web font
How To Hack MediaWiki stream
- If some participants are interested in software development, give them copies of Ten things technically inclined volunteers can do to help Wikimedia projects or flyer.
- If they are students please also give them the student-oriented flyer.
- Also consult the India outreach program repository of documents.