From Wikimedia India Chapter
Revision as of 10:08, 17 August 2017 by Yohannvt
Wikimedia India offers Internships for students and budding professionals who would like to have an experience with the Wikimedia movement. If you are interested, please write to chapter AT wikimedia.in with a resume and cover letter.
Profile for an internship at WMIN
- Help devise, conceptualise, implement and support community events in India, all events including national / regional / technical event.
- Liaise with members and additionally specifically all Indic language communities and support in all ways possible.
- Support GLAM related activities in India.
- Assist with PR and Communications as well as Social Media outreach.
- Help with all program and compliances related reporting.
- Help develop Wikipedia promotional pamphlets and other outreach material in all languages.
- Help to run annual fundraiser.
- Help to prepare monthly and annual chapter reports and any reports to be submitted to WMF/Donors.
- Maintenance of members register.
- Maintenance of books of accounts, membership and donor database.
- Housekeeping on chapter wiki.
- Technical support for chapter and community operations.
- Understanding of the Wikimedia community and its communication tools.
- Interest to work in an Indian charitable or not-for-profit environment.
- Track record in writing, web editing and social media.
- Interest in supporting volunteers and volunteer-run projects.
- Ability to work effectively with a team of volunteers.
- Commitment for at least three to six months. Project-based internships available.
- Contribute from home.
- Flexible hours.
- Nominal stipend (on a case-by-case basis).
- Experience certificate will be provided at the end of the internship.