Elections 2016/Nominations/Viswanathan Prabhakaran
Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2016
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate: Viswanathan Prabhakaran
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later):INDI-173
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later):November 2011
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Membership ID: INDI-608
Membership ID INDI 62
Acceptance by the Candidate
- Age: 53 years; Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering; Professional experience: Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant (Healthcare, IT, Logistics, Automation and Energy). Belongs to Thrissur(Kerala);
- Languages: Malayalam(ml-n), English(en-n), Hindi/Urdu(hi-n),Tamil(ta-2), Arabic(ar-2), Sanskrit(sa-2);
- Wikipedia user since 2004; Former Treasurer and Board Member of Wikimedia India Chapter, Former Member, Grants Advisory Committee for Wikimedia Global Foundation, A frequent resource person for various Wikimedia Training programs in India (like TTT, MWT, Hackathons etc.), One of the prominent architects and organizers of Wikimedia India Conference 2016 held in Chandigarh as well as most Annual Wikisangamotsavam Conferences of Malayalam Wikimedia projects.
- Very active in Malayalam Wikipedia and sister projects of the ml community both as an editor and off-line/on-line outreach agent; Active in .en /.sa / commons etc.; Outreach evangelist, new user mentor and community integrator, GLAM initiator; Represented ml community atWikiConference India 2011 and WikiConference India 2016, Represented ml and other India communities at Wikimania 2012 (DC), Wikimania 2014 at London and Wikimania 2015 at Mexico City; Heavily engaged in the planning and organization of various innovative models and pilot projects related to Wikimedia and open education, particularly in Kerala and ml community.
Statement of acceptance:
- I accept to be a candidate for the election. Thank you for the nomination.
Position Statement/Letter of intent*:
- As a former member of the Executive Committee and having accumulated significant learning and experience about the governance, legal and financial affairs attached to the chapter, I am fully aware of the huge tasks and responsibilities that lay ahead of a prospective Board member. Heeding to many a members' demand, I am willing to stand for another term in an earnest effort to get the chapter regain its prominence as an instrumental organization promoting open knowledge missions in India.
- If elected, I shall endeavour to upkeep the positive team spirits of the chapter deriving sustained growth and institutional strength. My care and attention will be imparted towards all Wikimedia communities of India with no particular regard to any race, gender, region or language.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
- As of now, I do not possess, perceive or anticipate any conflict of interests in acting as an Executive Member of the Wikimedia India Chapter with any of my other activities or relations. If any such situations arise, I shall be forthcoming to disclose such conflicts well in advance and should a need occur during any discrete decision-making process or voting, I shall recuse myself from such processes.
I, Viswanathan Prabhakaran, solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Date: 24th March 2017
Name: Viswanathan Prabhakaran