Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2014
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate: Viswanathan Prabhakaran (User: Viswaprabha)
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later): INDI 173
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later): 2011
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Name: Netha Hussain
Signature(Use Wiki Signature):--Netha Hussain 20:10, 17 October 2014 (IST)
Membership ID: INDI 292
Name: Kalyan Sarkar
Signature(Use Wiki Signature): Kalyan Sarkar 16:23, 19 October 2014 (IST)
Membership ID: INDI 132
Acceptance by the Candidate
(including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- Age: 50 years; Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering; Professional experience: Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant (Healthcare, IT, Logistics, Automation and Energy). Belongs to Thrissur(Kerala);
- Languages: Malayalam(ml-n), English(en-n), Hindi/Urdu(hi-n),Tamil(ta-2), Arabic(ar-2), Sanskrit(sa-2);
- Wikipedia user since 2004; Currently Treasurer and Board Member of Wikimedia India Chapter, Former Member, Grants Advisory Committee for Wikimedia Global Foundation.
- Very active in Malayalam Wikipedia and sister projects of the ml community both as an editor and off-line/on-line outreach agent; Active in .en /.sa / commons etc.; Outreach evangelist, new user mentor and community integrator, GLAM initiator; Represented ml community atWikiConference India 2011, Represented ml and other India communities at Wikimania 2012 (DC) and Wikimania 2014 at London; Heavily engaged in the planning and organization of various innovative models and pilot projects related to Wikimedia, particularly in Kerala and ml community.
Position Statement/Letter of intent*
(in not more than 200 words):
- As a current member of the Executive Committee for the last two years, I am fully aware of the huge tasks and responsibilities that lay ahead of a prospective Board member. Having accumulated significant learning and experience about the governance, legal and financial affairs attached to the chapter.
- Heeding to many a members demand, I am willing to stand for a second term so as to ensure a smooth and continuous governance. This will also help me continue some of the reformations the current EC has been trying to implement.
- If elected, I shall endeavour to upkeep the positive team spirits of the chapter deriving sustained growth and institutional strength. My care and attention will be imparted towards all Wikimedia communities of India with no particular regard to any race, gender, region or language.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
As of now, I do not possess, perceive or anticipate any conflict of interests in acting as an Executive Member of the Wikimedia India Chapter with any of my other activities or relations. If any such situations arises, I shall be forthcoming to disclose such conflicts well in advance and should a need occur during any discrete decision-making process or voting, I shall recuse myself from such processes.
I, VISWANATHAN PRABHAKARAN, solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Place: Thrissur, Kerala
Date: October the 23rd, 2014.
Name: Viswanathan Prabhakaran