Nepali Wikipedia was started on June 2, 2002. However, there was not much progress till September 2010, and it had only 5000 articles in September 2010. However, this Wikipedia got a fresh lease of life after September 2010, the number of articles crossed the margin of 20,000 as a result of hard work of Wikipedians. Now it has 20,069+ articles. It has 9,437+ registered users and 258,124+ total edits till 7.4.2012. According to the article count, active users and edits, the wiki is in the 84th position.
Meetus and Activities
- Wiki 11 was celebrated Jan 15th 2012 in Kathmandu .Academicians,Journalists,Technologists,students were present in the occasion.
- Rajesh Panedey Released Android Version of Nepali Wikipedia Translator .
- Outreach Session was conducted in Sharada College, Bhaktapur.
- Nepali Wikipedia participated in " National Conference on Use of ICT in Rural Nepal: Technology Influences (March 22-23, 2012)" Organized by Language Technology Kendra and Kathmandu University and also presented in a session.
- Nepali Wikipedia Participated in the Nepali Linguists Meet in Kathmandu.
- An Outreach Session was conducted in Kathmandu University to the Computer Science Students.
- Number of articles crossed the margin of 20,000 ,has 20,069+ articles.
- 9,437+ registered users and 258,124+ total edits till 7.4.2012 .
- Nepali Wikibooks has 5489+ of total edits.
- Nepali Wikibooks has 10+ average active Users.
- Nepali Wiktionary has 13859+ total Edits.
- NepalI Wiktionary has 9+ average active users.