|New user account creation has been disabled temporarily. Contact membershipwikimedia.in (via e-mail) if you need one.
From Wikimedia India Chapter
A bronze statue of Lord Krishna from the Crafts museum.
- Namespace shortcuts, WikiLove extension and NewUserMessage extension are enabled in July 2011 for editing ease.
- ArticleFeedback extension is enabled in August 2011.
- Number of articles on the Hindi Wikipedia crosses 1 lakh on 30 August 2011. As of now, hindi wikipedia contains 1,02,300+ articles. Edits per article increased from 9.4 in June 2011 to 12.5 in February 2012 (an increase of almost 33%!)
- An official deletion policy is adopted in November 2011.
- On 28 November 2011, WikiProject Films was started. It is now one of the largest active projects with more than 1000 articles under it.
- A new upload form is added in December 2011.
- WebFonts extension is enabled in December 2011, allowing readers without unicode devanagari fonts to read the hindi wikipedia.
- The GLAM project for Crafts Museum, New Delhi is started in April 2012; leading so far to the creation of three articles and numerous images on wikimedia commons.
- Narayam extension, an input method editor for Mediawiki which allows phonetic and inscript input in hindi without any installation of any software on the user's computer, is enabled in April 2012.