From Wikimedia India Chapter
- A Kannada Wikipedia Meet was held in December 2010. Around 30 people participated in this.
- On January 9th, 2011, a photo-walk entitled Bangalore loves Wikipedia was held between Ravindra Kalakshetra and Freedom Park and several photographs were added Wikimedia Commons.
- On January 15th, 2011, the 10th anniversary of Wikipedia was celebrated in Bengaluru. Different Wikimedia projects in Kannada language were discussed.
- On January 15th, 2011, the 10th anniversary of Wikipedia was celebrated in Mysore.
- On February 5th, 2011, a photo-walk entitled Bangalore loves Wikipedia was held in Basavanagudi and various photographs were added Wikimedia Commons.
- In December 2011, the Kannada direct typing feature was improved.
- CSS was altered to display an ordered list in Kannada so that Kannada Wikipedia is rendered in Kannada script. (Currently it works only in Mozilla Firefox). Kannada is the first Indian language to do so.
- Kannada Wikipedia crossed the 10000 articles mark on January 15th, 2011.
- Kannada Wiktionary crossed the 1 lakh entry mark in April 2011. Kannada stands 22nd in the list of all Wiktionary languages, and next only to Tamil among the Indian Wiktionaries.
- Direct Kannada typing feature has been added in Wikiquote
- Although not much activity has taken place on Wiktionary, various North Canara adages and quotes of famous poets and movies have been added
- Although not much activity has taken place on Wikisource, many chapters of Bhagavadgeeta have been moved from Wikipedia to Wikisource
- Translations to Kannada are complete for Wikimedia Mobile Interface and Wikireader