Technical Help Desk
This will be a help desk for technical issues. You can post requests for any technical help regarding on wiki issues. For example, you can request to fix a template, fix a bug or write a custom script to automate things.
If you are a tech geek, please volunteer and sign up below mentioning your areas of interest and expertise. Once someone seeks help, we will try to connect you on wiki.
- ravidreams; templates, installing mediawiki extensions, filing bug reports.
- Your username, expertise area 1, expertise area 2
Place your requests below
Lua error in kn wiki template
- Just a note. I was able to resolve many errors on the page by making modification to Module:TimeAgo}} as follows:
- Line: 54
- - local noError, inputTime = pcall( lang.formatDate, lang, 'U', args, true )
- + local noError, inputTime = pcall( lang.formatDate, lang, 'xnU', args, true )
- Line: 60
- - local timeDiff = lang:formatDate( 'U', nil, true ) - inputTime
- + local timeDiff = lang:formatDate( 'xnU', nil, true ) - inputTime
- Still there are few more errors to be fixed. Thanks to nepali wikipedia (ne:wiki) for pointing this on Template:Time ago/core Omshivaprakash 20:29, 11 March 2015 (IST)
Lua error in pa wiki template
Punjabi Wikipedia has the same issue as kn wiki in Module:Time Ago. --Satdeep gill 22:30, 11 March 2015 (IST)
- I did apply the fix there. Please confirm if that has resolved the issue. You can add the test cases that we have on kn wiki and check as well. Omshivaprakash 01:18, 12 March 2015 (IST)
Alternative URL for Sanskrit wiki articles
- Whenever we want to give a link for sa wiki page we get a long URL.We want to know how to generate alternate URL (short) as given below in all Hindi pages. Could you please help us in this regard ?
- In sa wiki we have an option to change numerals between devanagari and roman. If somebody keeps roman as default, he cannot open the page which has devanagari numerals in the name of the article (for eg महिलालेखाभियानम् २०१५) unless it is redirected from (महिलालेखाभियानम् 2015). Could you please suggest a solution for this ?
Thanks. - Shubha 09:45, 19 March 2015 (IST)
- To enable ShortURL, have a discussion/vote with local community and raise a phabricator ticket. i think it was enabled in all indic wikis, not sure how it was missed in sa wiki. for the second one, please check with Siddhartha Ghai or Krinkle at here--Shanmugamp7 15:43, 19 March 2015 (IST)
Shorter URL and WikiLove on pa.wiki
- Satdeep gill, could you also mention in pa wiki village pump if you will need these features in sister projects too? Please provide an English summary of the voting whenever the consensus will be reviewed by global community. See, for example, the voting in Sanskrit Wiki.--Ravi 23:27, 1 April 2015 (IST)
- Done. Please check it again. We surely need them on all our sister projects. I have written that as well. Thanks a lot. --Satdeep gill 22:13, 16 April 2015 (IST)
Template:Infobox on pnb.wiki
I have tried a lot to fix the Template:Infobox on pnb.wikipedia.org but i was unable to do so. The box is aligned to the right instead of left. This is a sample article with infobox wrongly aligned. Here is Module:Infobox and Template:Infobox_writer --Satdeep gill 17:34, 1 April 2015 (IST)
- Satdeep gill, I am already seeing the infobox in left side (Ubuntu Firefox and Chrome). Can you clear your cache or check from another browser / system--Ravi 23:23, 1 April 2015 (IST)
- Some other fixed it. Thanks for your help on this issue. --Satdeep gill 22:09, 16 April 2015 (IST)
Infobox settlement on pa.wiki
- Please share a sample article where this is being used so that it can be verified. Omshivaprakash 10:02, 24 April 2015 (IST)
Typing in Punjabi
Please get someone to fix these two bugs which creates problem while typing in Punjabi.
Anyone want to develop Bengali OCR software? Its one of the most priority requirement for the Bengali community. -- Bodhisattwa 15:25, 29 July 2015 (IST)