Dear all, Greetings from Wikimedia India !
Membership count as of 31st March is 168.
Wikimedia India's first ever fundraising effort concluded on 31 March 2013. During March we received INR 22,100 as donations from 10 individual donors. The total amount raised through the fundraiser is INR 26,120. The EC sincerely thanks all our donors and other well wishers.
Wikimedia India's grant application for program support during Q1 2013 was accepted by the WMF. Our report for the previous bootstrap grant has also been accepted by the WMF.
The EC did not meet in person in March.
Community & Special Interest Groups
- Rohini Lakshané was elected as SIG chair for GenderGap projects in India.
- Chennai Wiki Meetup #5
- Women's day edit-a-thon
- Wiki Women's Workshop by FSMK & WMIN, Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore
- Wikipedia Women's workshop, Bangalore
- Chennai Mathematical Institute Workshop and contests
- Wikipedia Workshop for Women, Chennai
- Wikipedia introduction, Ranade Institute, Pune
- Gujarati Wikisource first anniversary celebrations, Ahmedabad
- Gujarati Wikisource first anniversary celebrations, Junagadh I
- Gujarati Wikisource first anniversary celebrations, Junagadh II
A round-up of Wikimedia events, academies and initiatives around the nation are updated here.
- Malayalam Wikipedia takes a gender turn. The Times of India.
- World wide wiki women’s web dot com. Times Crest.
- `ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಹಿತಿ: ಸ್ತ್ರೀಯರ ಪಾತ್ರ ಇರಲಿ' (in Kannada).
- महिलांचा सहभाग वाढवण्यासाठी विकीपिडियावर एडिट-अ-थॉन! (Wikipedia organises Edit-a-thon specially for women to celebrate international women's day)
- "Sakal", Mumbai edition about 10 years of Marathi Wikipedia
- 5. Kannada Prabha (kn)
We look forward to your continued support and active participation.
On behalf of Wikimedia Chapter (India)