- 1 Noteworthy Wikimedian - Nomination form
Noteworthy Wikimedian - Nomination form
(for contributions till 2010)
Please complete the following nomination form for each Wikimedian you want to nominate for the recognition.
The following guidelines are suggested:
- Nomination Forms need to be complete.
- Jury will review based on nomination forms. Complete and detailed nomination is essential. Please capture all information in the form without assuming Jury awareness of the nominee's contributions.
- Backing up nominations with references to work will be a plus.
Nomination Submitted by: RegentsPark, Sudhanwa Jogalekar (duplicates combined)
Wikipedia User Name:Fowler&fowler
User page(s): Userpage of Fowler&fowler
Start of contributions (date): 9 October 2006
(please list project, role, from date)
- English Wikipedia editor since 9 October 2006
History of Contributions
(for each project please list more details with relevant references to document the nominees contributions)
- English Wikipedia - 21,894 edits link
- India page on the English wikipedia (2nd highest contributor, highest in recent years). 
- He has created 74 articlesd.
Fowler&fowler is one of the steadiest contributors on India topics on the English wikipedia. He has worked extensively on Indian history topics, is responsible for the India page retaining its FA status. He has also contributed many (many!) images on India, ranging from clothing to painstaking uploads of public domain historical images.
Key contributions (till 2010)
(Highlight top5 contributions you have thus far, with references to work)
- India retaining its FA status. Fowler&fowler did this single handed. See this FA review.
- Images. Many India related images. Over 200 as this list on commons shows. Possibly more on the english wikipedia but I have no idea how to figure that out.
- Featured article discussions. As shown here, Fowler is a strong contributor to discussions on India related featured articles.
- Indian mathematics. Solidifying an article on one of India's major contributions to the world. 
- Ganges. Top contributor on India's most important river. 
- User:Fowler&fowler is a member of WikiProject India and has been editting WikiProject scope articles since 2006. He has helped create an extremely wide variety of articles pertaining to India.
- As mentioned above, Fowler&fowler is one of the primary authors of the keynote article "India" on English Wikipedia. He is the second-most number of edits - 965, after Nichalp, who is first. He has laboured hard to keep the article of highest quality, free of vandals, POV and dross. In other words, he is the prime defender of the quality of article "India" on en:WP.
- The history of British India, Mysore and Coorg, famines of India as well as Indian Natural History and the earliest naturalists of India. (See user page)
Peer Recognition (if any)
- Numerous barnstars 
Press coverage (if any)
Relevant Publications by contributor (if any)
Any other information
- He is not an Indian citizen or of Indian origin.
(please list any other relevant information that you may deem pertinent)