New user account creation has been disabled temporarily. Contact membership at wikimedia.in (via e-mail) if you need one.

Internet Relay Chats/April 12, 2015

From Wikimedia India Chapter
Jump to: navigation, search
Error creating thumbnail:
libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Wikimedia India

Date and Time
April 12, 2015, 04:30 PM (IST)

How to connect ?
IRC Channel at #wikimedia-in connect

Topic
Wiki Loves Food planning.

Agenda

  • Touching base with the WLF volunteers
  • Discussing decisions on rules, prizes, jury and dates for launching Wiki Loves Food.

Attendees

  1. Yohannvt
  2. Sailesh Patnaik
  3. Santosh Singare
  4. Tahera Barmal
  5. Sujay Chandra
  6. Satdeep Gill
  7. Kiran Ravikumar
  8. Priyanka Tiwari
  9. Santanu Chandra
  10. Palav
  11. Godfather

Log (source)


[16:22:48] <Sailesh>	 Are we having any discussion today?
[16:31:28] <yohannvt>	 hi everyone!!
[16:32:32] <Satdeep>	 Hello friends
[16:32:40] <yohannvt>	 Hi satdeep
[16:33:26] <yohannvt>	 I see sailesh, satdeep & Tahera
[16:33:40] <yohannvt>	 anyone else wants to introduce themselves
[16:35:02] <Sailesh>	 Jay Jagannath :)
[16:35:39] <Taher>	 Hey, you guys!
[16:35:53] <yohannvt>	 we ll wait 5 mins more then we ll start the discussion
[16:36:17] <Satdeep>	 Hi Sailesh, Taher and Yohann ..........
[16:37:49] <Taher>	 Sure.
[16:38:50] <yohannvt>	 I ll give a quick introduction of everyone - Satdeep is from Punjabi Community, Sailesh is from Odia community & Tahera was Wikipedia Campus Ambassador from Pune
[16:39:28] <Sailesh>	 (y)
[16:40:57] <yohannvt>	 ok, so i think we can start our discussion
[16:41:02] <Sailesh>	 Why other community members are not joining the IRC
[16:41:04] <Sailesh>	 :(
[16:41:23] <yohannvt>	 I had put up this on the discussion page on Monday
[16:41:32] <Satdeep>	 they must be busy
[16:41:54] <yohannvt>	 @Satdeep yeah true
[16:42:12] <Satdeep>	 so what are we going to discuss ?
[16:42:17] <yohannvt>	      Dates for Phase 2     Concluding the variety of Prizes to be given     Deciding the Judges     Any other Important Topic as picked up by the participants of the IRC
[16:42:34] <yohannvt>	 I had put up the agenda on the discussion page
[16:43:03] <yohannvt>	 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Wiki_Loves_Food#IRC_on_12th_April
[16:43:22] <yohannvt>	 so 1st agenda is finalizing dates for Phase 2
[16:43:24] <Taher>	 Okay, so let's start?
[16:43:49] <Sailesh>	 hmm
[16:44:00] <Taher>	 Are we thinking may or june?
[16:44:03] <yohannvt>	 we know our Phase 1 is from APril 15 - April 30
[16:44:20] <yohannvt>	 the Grant period of WMIN ends on 30th June
[16:44:34] <Sailesh>	 Hey Kiran :)
[16:44:43] <yohannvt>	 hi Kiran
[16:44:58] <kiranravikumar>	 Namaste everyone :)
[16:45:10] <yohannvt>	 Introduction for Kiran- he was one of the organizers for WLM
[16:45:25] <yohannvt>	 Kannada community & commons community member
[16:45:46] <yohannvt>	 @kiranravikumar - i hope i got everything right  ;)
[16:45:51] <Taher>	 Hi kiran!
[16:45:54] <Satdeep>	 Hi Kiran
[16:45:57] <kiranravikumar>	 Yup ..
[16:46:23] <Sailesh>	 Kiran needs no introduction :P
[16:46:38] <yohannvt>	 so kiran, all the participants of this IRC are volunteerss
[16:47:04] <Sailesh>	 He and Kartik had done the awesome job during WLM
[16:47:13] <Satdeep>	 What do we mean by saying that grant period of WMIN ends on 30th une ?
[16:47:39] <yohannvt>	 i had explained everything in last weeks IRC, but i ll repeat it
[16:48:00] <yohannvt>	 we have got an extension of the grant for 2014-15 till June 2015
[16:48:09] <yohannvt>	 from WMF
[16:49:44] <yohannvt>	 so even if we want to give prizes to the winners, we have to do it before 30th June
[16:49:45] <Taher>	 So, phase 2 has to end before 30th june?
[16:49:45] <yohannvt>	 so what are the dates you guys suggest??
[16:49:45] <Taher>	 Okay.
[16:49:51] <Taher>	 First fifteen days of june?
[16:49:52] <yohannvt>	 @taher preferably the phase 2 should end at least 2 weeks before 30th June
[16:50:06] <Satdeep>	 20 may to 20 june ?
[16:50:26] <yohannvt>	 since this will be a national event
[16:50:38] <yohannvt>	 we will need at least 45 days
[16:50:47] <Taher>	 Actually 20th may seems like a good day to start
[16:51:39] <Taher>	 45 days plus atleast 15 days to judge.. That's 60 days.. We can't really start in the first week of may, can we?
[16:51:57] <yohannvt>	 we can!!
[16:52:48] <yohannvt>	 1st May - 15th June looks good for phase 2
[16:52:49] <Taher>	 Umm, I think it's two close to phase 1. What do the others think?
[16:52:58] <Taher>	 Too*
[16:53:23] <Sailesh>	 What is the amount of prize?
[16:53:28] <yohannvt>	 Phase 1 is a pilot phase
[16:53:44] <yohannvt>	 if Phase 1 & 2 are very close, it does not matter
[16:54:27] <Taher>	 Were having phase 1 to underact
[16:54:46] <Taher>	 Understand the shortcomings.. *
[16:55:21] <Taher>	 If we dont have time for evaluation,, how do we incorporate it in phase 2?
[16:55:24] <yohannvt>	 we will have to split the volunteers into 2 grps between last week april & 1st week may
[16:55:34] <Sailesh>	 I think critics will oppose the cash prize
[16:55:38] <Taher>	 Okay.
[16:55:42] <yohannvt>	 one looking at phase 1 , others looking at phase 2
[16:56:02] <yohannvt>	 @sailesh  we will talk about prizes later
[16:56:31] <yohannvt>	 Now agenda is the dates
[16:56:42] <Satdeep>	 how about we do it a few days late only
[16:56:47] <Satdeep>	 5th may ?
[16:57:15] <yohannvt>	 ok, so we do from 5th May - 20 June??
[16:57:42] <yohannvt>	 or 5th MAy - 15th June
[16:57:56] <kiranravikumar>	 sorry got disconnected ..
[16:58:05] <Satdeep>	 5th to 15 is okay according to me
[16:58:11] <Taher>	 15th makes more sense..
[16:58:23] <Taher>	 Judges might need time
[16:59:38] <Satdeep>	 i agree with Taher
[16:59:54] <kiranravikumar>	 see, since you guys are doing this as pilot program, I don't think there will be an issue when it comes to judges part.
[17:00:47] <yohannvt>	 agree with Kiran
[17:01:56] <yohannvt>	 so the Judges won't come under any pressure
[17:02:19] <Satdeep>	 but they will still need a few days
[17:02:43] <Satdeep>	 one or two at least
[17:03:02] <kiranravikumar>	 Also I suggest, have minimum 3 judges. and max 5. even though this is a pilot program ..
[17:03:13] <yohannvt>	 most of the work by the Judges will happen at the last few days of the competition
[17:03:13] <kiranravikumar>	 this is make way for future projects too ..
[17:03:27] <yohannvt>	 kiran, we will reach to that agenda next
[17:03:37] <kiranravikumar>	 Ho ok, I'll wait then
[17:03:42] <yohannvt>	 now we are discussing the dates of phase 2
[17:03:49] <kiranravikumar>	 yup got it
[17:04:00] <yohannvt>	 (y)
[17:04:22] <yohannvt>	 so kiran, just to fill you on the details
[17:04:35] <yohannvt>	 Phase 1 15th APril - 30th April
[17:04:44] <yohannvt>	 Phase 2 dates are being discussed
[17:06:06] <yohannvt>	 I understand satdeep that you might see some issues, but  if all goes as per plan, we should be hassle free!!
[17:06:47] <Sailesh>	 Priyanka and Schwiki please introduce yourself
[17:06:50] <Sailesh>	 :)
[17:07:20] <Schwiki>	 HI all…I am Santanu Chandra from Bengali Wikipedia
[17:07:22] <Priyanka>	 Hi everyone.. :) I am priyanka tiwari, EC member
[17:07:41] <yohannvt>	 Hi Schwiki & Priyanak
[17:07:48] <Sailesh>	 Hello :)
[17:07:52] <yohannvt>	 *Priyanka
[17:07:57] <Priyanka>	 hi yohann:)
[17:08:09] <Schwiki>	 Hi
[17:08:34] <yohannvt>	 so does 1st may-15th June look good fpr phase 2??
[17:08:48] <yohannvt>	 or 5th May-20th June
[17:10:05] <yohannvt>	 or do you want to shorten the duration?
[17:10:53] <Priyanka>	 i think the duration is fine.
[17:11:06] <Taher>	 Let's start on the fifth I supposr
[17:11:11] <Taher>	 Suppose*
[17:11:43] <yohannvt>	 But we will have to tell the Judges to fast-forward the decisions
[17:12:08] <yohannvt>	 because we will have to announce the results by 25th!!
[17:12:40] <yohannvt>	 @kiranravikumar  is that possible?? to announce results in 5 days??
[17:12:53] <Satdeep>	 I dont think so
[17:13:31] <kiranravikumar>	 is 1st may to June 15 uploading time? I mean 45 days !!
[17:14:12] <Satdeep>	 5th May  to 15 June according to me....
[17:14:14] <Satdeep>	 :p
[17:14:32] <kiranravikumar>	 it depends on number of images you gonna get :D .. for WLM we had 1 week for a round, hope I'm correct ..
[17:15:01] <yohannvt>	 Phase 2 will be a bigger version of phase 1
[17:15:09] <kiranravikumar>	 @Satdeep - that was for reference .. don't go by dates, I was asking for total number of days ..
[17:15:10] <yohannvt>	 so actually we have 2 competitions
[17:16:42] <Sailesh>	 And please allow volunteers to participate :P
[17:17:30] <yohannvt>	 @sailesh if we allow volunteers to participate & also shortlist pics, it will be conflict of interest
[17:18:37] <yohannvt>	 Its like in Kaun banega crorepati amitabh Bachchan is host & participant
[17:19:03] <kiranravikumar>	 judges shouldn't check "uploaders (participants)" name in that case ..
[17:19:42] <Sailesh>	 How it will happen Kiran?
[17:20:13] <Satdeep>	 I guess that might not happen Sailesh
[17:21:16] <yohannvt>	 I hope sailesh, you understand the situation
[17:21:45] <yohannvt>	 lets then shorten the duration by 5 days
[17:21:45] <kiranravikumar>	 We used one tool for WLM , which had such feature .. we were able to check only images & rate those .. I'll check again. if I can trace it
[17:21:53] <yohannvt>	 5th May - 15th June
[17:22:25] <yohannvt>	 yeah kiran, if you can check with that tool, it ll be helpful
[17:23:53] <yohannvt>	 updated dates for phase 2 - 5th May to 15th June
[17:23:57] <Satdeep>	 i agree with dates
[17:24:00] <Satdeep>	 :)
[17:24:04] <Satdeep>	 Great :)
[17:24:21] <yohannvt>	 so lets go to the next agenda??
[17:25:09] <Satdeep>	 Yup
[17:25:22] <yohannvt>	 Prizes for the competition
[17:25:25] <yohannvt>	 next agenda
[17:25:44] <yohannvt>	 Phase 1 - has 1st 2nd & 3rd prize
[17:25:54] <yohannvt>	 plus community prize
[17:26:12] <yohannvt>	 i had explained the community prize in previous IRC
[17:26:29] <Taher>	 Let's have the same thing for phase 2
[17:26:31] <Sailesh>	 please provide some info abt community prize
[17:26:57] <Sailesh>	 so that we can convince the community
[17:28:14] <yohannvt>	 so voting will be done on fb & twitter for the best pic
[17:28:19] <yohannvt>	 in community prize
[17:28:48] <yohannvt>	 i suggest we have same Community prize for phase 2
[17:29:12] <sanket_>	 hi
[17:29:13] <Satdeep>	 Community Prize to every community ?
[17:30:37] <yohannvt>	 community prize will be when the community votes for the best pic
[17:30:46] <Sailesh>	 Godfather :P
[17:31:13] <yohannvt>	 Voting will be done on fb & twitter in terms of highest no. of likes & in twitter-favorites
[17:32:35] <yohannvt>	 so thats what community priize is
[17:32:47] <Satdeep>	 I didnt get it ?
[17:33:01] <Satdeep>	 is it actually some prize for the community which votes ?
[17:33:09] <Godfather__>	 It will be difficult to keep track of likes and favourites...
[17:33:36] <yohannvt>	 it will be via our WMIN account
[17:33:38] <Godfather__>	 considering the number of photos...
[17:34:08] <Sailesh>	 godfathr pls introduce urself
[17:34:11] <yohannvt>	   The Community Prize of the photo contest will be decided by Community members from Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and social media related to Wikimedia projects chosen from the top 10 images favored by the official jury (these 10 images of course will not include the top 3 winners that has already been selected by the official jury)
[17:34:12] <Sailesh>	 :)
[17:34:50] <Satdeep>	 okay okay i get it now :)
[17:34:56] <Godfather__>	 The Garule. :D
[17:35:09] <yohannvt>	 so the judges will shortlist top 10 pcs other than the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize & we will put htme up at WMIN fb & twitter page
[17:35:21] <sanket_>	 God Father is Abhinav Garule?
[17:35:27] <Sailesh>	 Abhinav :P
[17:35:39] <yohannvt>	 lol
[17:35:55] <yohannvt>	 so , i hope no doubts for community prize
[17:36:27] <yohannvt>	 so regarding the phase 2, we still have not decided the prizes
[17:36:33] <Godfather__>	 :P
[17:36:45] <yohannvt>	 how many prizes will be best for phase 2??
[17:36:46] <Sailesh>	 whole wiki club pune is here :P
[17:36:55] <Sailesh>	 botj
[17:37:04] <Sailesh>	 both phase
[17:37:34] <yohannvt>	 we have decided prizes for phase 1
[17:37:43] <yohannvt>	 phase 2 same no. of prizes??
[17:38:00] <Godfather__>	 what are the prizes?
[17:38:07] <Sailesh>	 what are przes?
[17:38:15] <Sailesh>	 the^
[17:38:23] <yohannvt>	 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food/Planning#Community_Prize
[17:39:53] <yohannvt>	 we have just decided the no. of prizes
[17:39:59] <yohannvt>	 not what the prizes will be
[17:40:11] <sanket_>	 so have we decided prizes for phase 1?
[17:40:13] <Godfather__>	 ok...
[17:40:29] <Satdeep>	 So, let us decide the prizes
[17:40:38] <Sailesh>	 Should we approach Sanjeev kapoor as a judge :P
[17:40:40] <yohannvt>	 i suggest cash prizes
[17:40:47] <sanket_>	 cash prize or we are giving something else?
[17:40:53] <sanket_>	 ok..
[17:40:58] <Satdeep>	 Cash is good actually plus a small momento i guess
[17:40:59] <yohannvt>	 @sailesh agenda is now prizes
[17:41:13] <yohannvt>	 our next agenda is jury
[17:41:20] <Sailesh>	 i was kidding :P
[17:41:25] <yohannvt>	 lo
[17:41:27] <Sailesh>	 okay yohan
[17:41:43] <Godfather__>	 +1 Satdeep
[17:42:12] <yohannvt>	 so as part of WMIN, i feel cash is best option logistically
[17:42:19] <sanket_>	 Sandeep (Y)
[17:42:37] <yohannvt>	 we need to only fix the amount of cash!!
[17:42:44] <sanket_>	 I suggest INR 12000 - 1st Prize, 8000- 2nd prize, 5000- 3rd Prize and Community Award INR- 5000 plus momento
[17:43:19] <yohannvt>	 @sanket_  yeah, this sounds good
[17:43:24] <Satdeep>	 sanket's suggestion looks good if we have budget
[17:43:36] <Godfather__>	 depending on allocated funds...
[17:43:47] <Sailesh>	 For Momento i have one idea
[17:43:48] <Godfather__>	 we need to decide
[17:43:51] <Sailesh>	 can i share it?
[17:43:59] <kiranravikumar>	 @sailesh - Sanjeev kapoor will be shocked to see images from his website .. of course, you can expect copyright violation, still .. :P
[17:44:17] <yohannvt>	 just for the record, Sanket is treasurer of WMIN !! ;)
[17:44:24] <Sailesh>	 hahah Kiran
[17:44:49] <Satdeep>	 Oh then we have no issues
[17:44:54] <Sailesh>	 Sanket ke ghar aaj chori hoga :D
[17:45:09] <Satdeep>	 So this prize money is for Phase 2 right ?
[17:45:12] <yohannvt>	 @Sailesh lol
[17:45:24] <yohannvt>	 no, this is for phase 1
[17:45:36] <yohannvt>	 these prizes will be for phase 1
[17:45:57] <Taher>	 And for phase 2?
[17:46:09] <yohannvt>	 that also we have to decide
[17:46:17] <Sailesh>	 Anyone heard about tarkashi work of Cuttack?
[17:46:33] <Sailesh>	 for momento we can
[17:46:35] <sanket_>	 we have allocated 30K for prizes for phase one..
[17:46:51] <sanket_>	 I hope that is ok?
[17:46:55] <yohannvt>	 so , i think we all agree on the prizes for phase 1 - INR 12000 - 1st Prize, 8000- 2nd prize, 5000- 3rd Prize and Community Award INR- 5000
[17:47:06] <sanket_>	 so we can move to discussion for phase 2
[17:47:18] <Sailesh>	 provide a wikipedia silver tarkashi logo in glass box
[17:47:29] <Sailesh>	 which will cost less than 2000
[17:47:38] <Satdeep>	 Yes i agree
[17:47:56] <Satdeep>	 Well Sailesh has suggested a good thing
[17:48:01] <sanket_>	 before we move towards planning for phase 2.. we also need to discuss on swags/t-shirts etc for volunteers..
[17:48:39] <sanket_>	 I think most of the volunteers already have t-shirts?
[17:48:56] <Sailesh>	 Satdeep : Please search Cuttack Tarkashi work you will be amused
[17:49:21] <yohannvt>	 @sanket_   bags??
[17:49:33] <yohannvt>	 sling bags
[17:50:34] <Sailesh>	 What volunteers will get ;)
[17:51:37] <Satdeep>	 This is an iappropriate question here but can anyone tell me how many wikipedians have got scholarship for Wikimania from India ?
[17:52:19] <yohannvt>	 2 wikipedians have got scholarship for Wikimania given by Wikimedia India
[17:52:31] <sanket_>	 How many Prizes for Phase II ? I suggest 4 prizes same as phase I
[17:52:32] <yohannvt>	 we will keep everyone informed via mailing list
[17:52:45] <Satdeep>	 Thanks Yohaan
[17:53:13] <Sailesh>	 Who are they Yohan?
[17:53:18] <yohannvt>	 @sanket_  - so what are the prize amount
[17:53:32] <yohannvt>	 @sailesh - will inform you all soon enough
[17:53:38] <Satdeep>	 I guess messenger bags are good ... Plus i can enjoy a water bottle as well :p
[17:53:40] <Sailesh>	 Oh jay
[17:53:46] <Sailesh>	 okay
[17:53:51] <Godfather__>	 +1 Sanket
[17:54:03] <Sailesh>	 we will not give any momento?
[17:54:20] <sanket_>	 4 Prizes for Phase II? ok?
[17:54:24] <Godfather__>	 keep prizes same for both the phases...
[17:54:33] <Satdeep>	 Same ?
[17:54:38] <yohannvt>	 no, phase 2 bigger than phase 1
[17:54:44] <Satdeep>	 yes
[17:54:50] <Satdeep>	 phase 2 should be bigger
[17:54:55] <yohannvt>	 so prizes should proportionally match with size
[17:55:16] <yohannvt>	 so sanket, what prize amount do you suggest for phase 2
[17:55:23] <Taher>	  but wouldn't that discourage participation in phase 1?
[17:56:02] <Satdeep>	 no Taher i dont think so
[17:56:02] <yohannvt>	 it will, but it will be easier to get a prize in phase 1 than phase 2
[17:56:10] <Satdeep>	 exactly
[17:56:15] <yohannvt>	 phase 1 has maximum 96 participants
[17:56:27] <yohannvt>	 phase 2 - no limit on participants
[17:56:36] <Godfather__>	 equal amount
[17:56:54] <sanket_>	 I suggest INR 18000- 1st Prize,         12000 - 2nd Prize,       10000 - 3rd Prize             10000- Community Award
[17:57:14] <Satdeep>	 wow
[17:57:17] <Satdeep>	 great
[17:57:24] <Taher>	 Cool
[17:57:28] <Satdeep>	 This is pretty cool
[17:57:30] <yohannvt>	 nice!!
[17:57:48] <sanket_>	 so total we plan to allocate 30K prizes for Phase I and 50K for Phase II
[17:57:58] <Godfather__>	 sanket ke ghar aaj robbery pakki...  :P
[17:58:10] <Satdeep>	 hahahaha
[17:58:24] <Satdeep>	 and let us decide volunteer prize now as well
[17:58:29] <sanket_>	 any other inputs are most welcomed! :)
[17:59:01] <Sailesh>	 Sanket bhai tum to maldar party ho :P
[17:59:17] <yohannvt>	 so we have fixed prizes for phase 1 & phase 2!!
[17:59:58] <sanket_>	 Sailesh: lets focus on the agenda! ;)
[18:00:15] <Sailesh>	 oh :(
[18:00:27] <Satdeep>	 so what now ?
[18:00:34] <yohannvt>	 Jury
[18:00:43] <yohannvt>	 Jury is the next agenda
[18:00:53] <yohannvt>	 please check these links
[18:01:01] <yohannvt>	 https://photoindia.com/our-team/
[18:01:07] <yohannvt>	 http://madhumenonphoto.com/
[18:02:09] <yohannvt>	 in photo india -Manu Bahuguna
[18:02:24] <yohannvt>	 http://www.harimenonphotography.com/
[18:02:57] <yohannvt>	 http://sahilk.in/
[18:03:30] <yohannvt>	 these are the 4 ppl who i propose to be part of the Jury
[18:04:21] <sanket_>	 On the planning page I can see that  jury will have 3 Judges. One an expert in food, another in Photography & third will be a senior Wikimedian from the Commons community.
[18:04:50] <Satdeep>	 Madhu Menon in food
[18:05:02] <Satdeep>	 Hari Menon in photography
[18:05:08] <sanket_>	 Anyone in touch with Biswarup Ganguly?
[18:05:14] <Sailesh>	 are they volunteers of Wikimedia Commons
[18:05:41] <Sailesh>	 Biswaroop will be one of the participants from Bengali community
[18:05:56] <yohannvt>	 no, all these ppl are professional photographers
[18:06:06] <sanket_>	 Sailesh: no, Madhu Menon and Hari Menon are not volunteers
[18:06:35] <Sailesh>	 Then i think it will create conflict , but have no idea
[18:07:12] <Satdeep>	 i guess they need not be volunteers
[18:07:16] <Satdeep>	 we can talk to them
[18:07:21] <Satdeep>	 if they can do this
[18:07:38] <Satdeep>	 We will have jury prizes for them
[18:07:38] <Sailesh>	 ---No Idea--
[18:07:46] <yohannvt>	 @kiranravikumar  you can weigh in on these volunteers
[18:08:42] <kiranravikumar>	 like what?
[18:08:55] <yohannvt>	 <Sailesh> Then i think it will create conflict , but have no idea
[18:09:18] <yohannvt>	 you can answer Sailesh's question
[18:09:53] <kiranravikumar>	 I thought of asking sailesh same, could you explain in detail reg conflict?
[18:10:22] <kiranravikumar>	 then i can pitch it
[18:10:26] <Sailesh>	 Am i making a villain image here :P
[18:11:58] <kiranravikumar>	 No
[18:12:10] <yohannvt>	 @sailesh - I appreciate you asking the question - there will be no conflict of interest in this case
[18:12:12] <Sailesh>	 Already there are many cross qstn regarding this event, so i thought if we will bring non wikimedians who do not have any knowledge about Commons rules and regulations it will create conflict
[18:13:26] <Satdeep>	 Well they fit what we want
[18:13:36] <Satdeep>	 we will shortlist the pictures for them
[18:13:49] <kiranravikumar>	 That is the reason why a senior wikimedian in the jury panel is necessary .. he/she has to take up major role when it comes to final judging
[18:14:12] <Satdeep>	 Only those which are uploading according to Wiki Rules
[18:14:15] <Satdeep>	 Well i agree with ravi
[18:14:38] <yohannvt>	 @kiranranikumar- thanks for picking up this topic. thats why i would also like to nominate kiran as a Judge
[18:14:50] <yohannvt>	 Karthik nadar will also be another Judge
[18:15:09] <Sailesh>	 +1
[18:15:14] <yohannvt>	 these 2 will be my suggestions from commons community
[18:15:50] <Sailesh>	 Kiran Mysore pak party :P
[18:16:02] <sanket_>	 I second Yohann
[18:16:02] <Sailesh>	 *_* am in love with it
[18:16:38] <Satdeep>	 Okay great :)
[18:16:48] <yohannvt>	 I know i have suggested 6 judges
[18:17:32] <yohannvt>	 but since kiran will hopefully agree & so will karthik, out of the other 4 judges - we are still in talks with them
[18:18:00] <yohannvt>	 out of these other 4 judges, lets see how many will agree to judge for WLF
[18:18:09] <Satdeep>	 lets select two out of the other 4
[18:18:40] <yohannvt>	 even if we select any 2, we don't know whether they will agree
[18:19:01] <yohannvt>	 kiran himself told 3-5 judges will be a good number of judges
[18:19:32] <yohannvt>	 so worst comes worst all 4 judges will agree
[18:19:32] <sanket_>	 Yohann can you repeat the names of all 6 judges which we have shortlisted?
[18:20:08] <Satdeep>	 so maybe we can select in an order ?
[18:20:17] <kiranravikumar>	 sorry .. again net got disconnected ..
[18:20:20] <Satdeep>	 that we will first talk to select two
[18:20:39] <Satdeep>	 and then select another if one of them removes
[18:20:45] <Satdeep>	 or maybe both of them
[18:20:46] <Sailesh>	 Kiran
[18:20:49] <Sailesh>	 Kartik
[18:20:52] <yohannvt>	 Hari Menon, Madhu menon,Manu Bahuguna, Sahil Khan, Karthik Nadar & Kiran ravi Kumar
[18:21:13] <Sailesh>	 one qstn Yohan
[18:21:28] <yohannvt>	 yes
[18:21:34] <Satdeep>	 and then select another if any of them doesnt agree
[18:22:06] <yohannvt>	 i think we should have 5 judges
[18:22:06] <Sailesh>	 From which geographical area of India do these non wikimedians belongs to?
[18:23:02] <sanket_>	 Madhu Menon - Bangalore, Sahil Khan - Pune dont know about others..
[18:23:36] <yohannvt>	 Manu Bahuguna - bangalore , Karthik - Bombay
[18:23:54] <kiranravikumar>	 sailesh - very good question .. how does it matter?
[18:24:55] <Sailesh>	 Couldnt get you kiran
[18:24:57] <kiranravikumar>	 because, there will be one wikimedian judge, who will keep detailed log of all the judgement process, which will help if solving conflicts
[18:25:20] <kiranravikumar>	 help in*
[18:25:39] <sanket_>	 (y)
[18:26:12] <yohannvt>	 so are these Judges ok with all of you??
[18:26:40] <yohannvt>	 kiran, you can't answer this ;)
[18:26:42] <Satdeep>	 yes Yohaan
[18:26:45] <Sailesh>	 As it is a cuisine matter so everyone will want that there cuisine should win , so judges should have NPOV
[18:27:19] <Palav>	 hello guys
[18:27:21] <yohannvt>	 that is what Wikimedian judges are there for!!
[18:27:28] <kiranravikumar>	 I'm not :P
[18:27:40] <Palav>	 is the logo finalized?
[18:27:56] <Sailesh>	 yeah logo 4
[18:28:01] <yohannvt>	 hi palav, will answer that in the next agenda
[18:28:38] <Palav>	 so whats the current item on agenda?
[18:28:57] <kiranravikumar>	 if this agenda is finalsed, I'll sign off
[18:28:58] <sanket_>	 we are discussing about jury
[18:29:19] <yohannvt>	 i think most of the ppl agree with the Jury!!
[18:29:40] <yohannvt>	 thanks kiran for accepting to be a Judge for WLF
[18:30:04] <sanket_>	 thanks Kiran :)
[18:30:05] <yohannvt>	 I shall relay the same to karthik!!
[18:30:19] <kiranravikumar>	 that's not finalised :P
[18:30:30] <Palav>	 Congratulations Kiran!
[18:30:44] <yohannvt>	 so, are you accepting??
[18:31:13] <Satdeep>	 Next agenda ?
[18:31:19] <Palav>	 so by when will you be accepting?
[18:31:47] <Palav>	 i also suggest you guys to approach NJ-Niraj
[18:31:48] <kiranravikumar>	 I will send a detailed mail to Yohann & then he will let you all know :D
[18:32:05] <Palav>	 He is a great photographer :)
[18:32:26] <yohannvt>	 thanks kiranravikumar !!!
[18:32:36] <sanket_>	 WMIN will be waiting for your mail! :)
[18:32:49] <yohannvt>	 also please keep karthik in loop too
[18:33:01] <yohannvt>	 so now we move to the next agenda
[18:33:05] <kiranravikumar>	 ok then, i'll sign off .. good night guys ..
[18:33:41] <yohannvt>	 next agenda is logo
[18:34:04] <Palav>	 Yes Logo!
[18:34:57] <yohannvt>	 after a lot of discussion on talk page of WLF, & voting also, we have unanimously selected a logo
[18:35:00] <yohannvt>	 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wlf_logo_2015.png
[18:35:37] <yohannvt>	 i will update the logo on our WLF fb page as well as on the commons project page
[18:35:52] <yohannvt>	 Thank you one and all for your inputs
[18:36:02] <Sailesh>	 There was a wikipedia logo in the middle?
[18:36:12] <Sailesh>	 That was actually nice
[18:36:19] <yohannvt>	 & congrats to sujay from bengali community for designing the logo
[18:36:31] <Palav>	 Logo no 1 by some Lakshh is good https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WLF15_logos.jpg
[18:37:04] <Palav>	 yes..Sailesh!
[18:37:33] <Satdeep>	 Guys do we have anything left ?
[18:37:34] <Palav>	 If you observe carefully Sujays logo have come after Lakshh's logo..
[18:37:46] <Sailesh>	 No -1 for logo 4
[18:37:55] <Palav>	 he have copied the idea of fork and butter knife from lakshh's logo..
[18:38:08] <Sailesh>	 Lakshh's 2nd or 3rd logo will be better
[18:38:24] <Sailesh>	 not 3rd 1st
[18:38:25] <yohannvt>	 answering sailesh's question, the puzzle piece is iconic which is art of the WIkipedia logo
[18:38:30] <sanket_>	 guys..wait!
[18:38:33] <yohannvt>	 check this logo of WLM
[18:38:33] <yohannvt>	 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/LUSITANA_WLM_2011_d.svg/2000px-LUSITANA_WLM_2011_d.svg.png
[18:39:04] <sanket_>	 we have few more items on agenda before we log off..another 10 minutes and we will be done!
[18:39:12] <yohannvt>	 @palav - i suggest you don't accuse anyone of copying anyones logo
[18:39:31] <Satdeep>	 hehe
[18:39:44] <Satdeep>	 i believe it is okay to copy ideas
[18:39:51] <Satdeep>	 or anything :p
[18:40:09] <Satdeep>	 we can never create something completely new
[18:40:15] <Sailesh>	 I think Yohan we should give time for WLF logo and will allow few more participants
[18:40:30] <Satdeep>	 Guys can i sleep now or do we have anything left ?
[18:40:38] <Palav>	 who is this Yohann :(
[18:40:40] <yohannvt>	 nothing left except the logo
[18:41:37] <sanket_>	 Hi Palav, can you please design a better logo? We would appreciate that rather than accusing someone :)
[18:41:46] <Sailesh>	 :P
[18:42:06] <Satdeep>	 well i would like a new logo actually
[18:42:11] <Satdeep>	 or maybe
[18:42:39] <yohannvt>	 so then lets extend the date till 15th then, lets give others time to come up with a better logo ??
[18:42:51] <Palav>	 I'm not a designer
[18:42:51] <Satdeep>	 Logo 2 is good as well
[18:43:28] <Sailesh>	 sure Yohan :)
[18:43:33] <sanket_>	 Yes, till 15th April we can extend
[18:43:45] <yohannvt>	 so then lets extend till 14th midnight, sinc 15th our competition starts
[18:44:28] <yohannvt>	 15th april 12 am whichever  has highest votes becomes the logo
[18:44:34] <Satdeep>	 okay done
[18:44:49] <yohannvt>	 is everyone else okay with this???
[18:44:58] <Tahera>	 Yes!
[18:45:45] <yohannvt>	 so lets close this IRC, its 12:15 am
[18:45:48] <Palav>	 provided the logo is not copied from somewhere..
[18:46:10] <yohannvt>	 thanj you everyone for being present for the IRC
[18:46:22] <yohannvt>	 *Thanks
[18:46:36] <sanket_>	 thank you guys!
[18:46:47] <yohannvt>	 I appreciate that all of you took time out of your weekend to attend this IRC till so late
[18:46:52] <Sailesh>	 Good n8 Sabakher :)
[18:46:56] <Tahera>	 Thank you :)
[18:46:58] <yohannvt>	 thanks !!! :D
[18:46:58] <Sailesh>	 Jay Jagannath :)
[18:47:01] <sanket_>	 who is participatng from odia and punjabi community?
[18:47:11] <yohannvt>	 srry, forgot to add that
[18:47:26] <yohannvt>	 please give your nominations soon
[18:47:33] <yohannvt>	 GN
[18:47:41] <Satdeep>	 Good night everyone
[18:47:42] <Satdeep>	 :)
[18:47:45] <Palav>	 I'm participating from Gujarati Community!
[18:48:08] <Palav>	 Good night boys.
[18:48:08] <Sailesh>	 Till now we have only one participant :(
[18:48:18] <Palav>	 who?
[18:48:32] <yohannvt>	 Good night!!
[18:48:33] <Palav>	 Mrutyunjay kar?
[18:48:46] <Palav>	 Subhashish?
[18:48:46] <Sailesh>	 Yohan you are not Tony thomas :P
[18:49:29] <Sailesh>	 Subha might participate but this time we want some newbies
[18:50:08] <Palav>	 Dr Subas Chandra Rout ?
[18:50:35] <Palav>	 does he contributes on commons?
[18:50:37] <Sailesh>	 Naah :(
[18:51:42] <Sailesh>	 Sanket : What happened to the volunteer prize?