Grants/Participation: Wikipedia Women Workshop, Mumbai
- Grant contact name
- Netha Hussain
- Grant contact username or email
- User: Netha Hussain (email@example.com)
- Grant contact title (position)
- Volunteer at en, ml Wikipedia and meta
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Participation at Wikipedia Women Workshop in Mumbai
- Amount requested (in INR)
- 8329 INR
- Provisional target start date
- 4th November 2012 (date of the event)
- Provisional completion date
- Airfare : CCJ to BOM and back (Flight nos. AI 952/AI 657) : 6464 INR as of 18/10/2012 (subject to increase as booking delays)
- Accommodation : At Hotel Milan International : 1665 INR
- Local travel in Mumbai : 200 INR
- Food, local travel in Kozhikode : 0 INR (will be borne by me)
- Direct flights from Mumbai to Kozhikode are not available after the end of the workshop. Staying for a night at Mumbai and returning on the next day is cheaper than traveling to Kozhikode from Mumbai on multiple flights on the same day.
- In booking the hotel and the flight together, some money can be saved.
- Local travel in Mumbai, as much as possible, will be on train to reduce expenses.
The potential of Indian women editors is largely untapped. The Wikipedia Women Workshop will look into the possibility of bridging the gender gap in Wikipedia by training women to edit Wikipedia and its sister projects. I will be able to bring in my experiences with participating in two international conferences and international projects aimed at increasing the participation of women in Wikiprojects.
- Share my experiences in working as a volunteer in Wikiprojects.
- Help the new women editors get hands-on experience in editing Wikipedia.
- Give a brief introduction to global activities undertaken by Wikimedia women.
- Provide continued online support to the participants for at least 2 months after the program by monitoring their edits and giving them useful tips.
- Develop lasting relationships with interested participants by helping them to join WikiWomen's Collaborative, online edit-a-thons, and other activities aimed specifically at women editors.
Measures of success
Team members (optional)
- (your name)
- (that other person)