- Grant contact name
- Ditty Mathew
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- Event Co-ordinator
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Malayalam Wikipedia Workshop
- Amount requested (in INR)
- Provisional target start date
- Provisional completion date
|Description||Quantity||Rate||Amount in INR|
|TA for delegates||3||1000||3000|
|File, Writing Pad and Pen||150||10||1500|
Total: INR 20,500
The Workshop is aimed to increase awareness about Wikipedia & equip its participants with the rudiments of contributing to Wikipedia, and a concept to them. The participants will be encouraged to edit Wikipedia in their regional language. The workshop is free for everyone.
- To have an open interaction within the editors, existing as well as new.
- To spread the awareness of Wikipedia as a powerful tool.
- To encourage community building among the many contributors of Wikimedia & its sister projects.
- Use the occasion for a massive outreach programme.
Measures of success
- Number and quality of participants in the events.
- Reflections and waves of the event in mass media reports and other channels of outreach
- Enhanced number of active users (both readers and editors)
- More uploads and content addition to Wikimedia repositories
- Reflections from the participants by way of blog posts and other social networks
More than 60 participants attended the session. The workshop was not meant for serious editing, but to introduce fresh and prospective users into reading and then editing Malayalam Wikipedia. It covered the philosophy, eco-system, positioning of Wikipedia among the education and knowledge systems, its five pillars and the user interface. It enabled the users to create a new ID and then set their preferences for local languages, watchlists and communication channels.
Team members (optional)
- Ditty Mathew