Elections 2016/Nominations/Srikar Kashyap Pulipaka
Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2016
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate: Srikar Kashyap Pulipaka
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later): INDI-659
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later): 2016
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Name: Mourya Biswas
Membership ID: INDI-654
Name: Satdeep Gill
Membership ID: INDI-608
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile* (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- I have been a Wikimedian for over 5 years with over 24,000 edits to many projects including the English, Telugu wikipedias and Commons.
- One of the leading military article writers of the English Wikipedia from India. Have written the first Good Article in the domain from India and hold the record for the most viewed Indian DYK of 2014.
- Planned and organised the first multilingual meetup of Hyderabad and remains the largest meetup at Hyderabad ever. Brought together communities from 5 languages and projects and follow-up meetings still happen.
- Former Intern at Wikimedia India (Feb to May 2016) where I revived the then dormant Featured Wikimedian award and contributed to reducing the backlog of monthly reports of the chapter.
- Featured Wikimedian for May 2013 and Editor of the Week award at English Wikipedia
- Co-founder of MediaWiki Club India, a technical club intended to bridge the tech gap of Indic Wikipedias. Currently involved in recruiting new technical editors trying to identify and solve technical challenges of the Indian wikimedians.
- Curated a group of around 10 technical contributors and taught them basic wiki editing skills so that they can help the process. Two of them have already started editing templates with one of them crossing 150 edits in the Telugu Wikipedia.
Position Statement/Letter of intent* (in not more than 200 words):
- I feel the technical contributors are severely under-represented at the Wikimedia India. I would like to bridge this gap by bringing a synergy between Wikimedia India and the recently formed MediaWiki Club India for which I'm the co-founder.
- The existence of the WMIN chapter is relatively unknown and I would like to increase the visibility and reach of the same by organising more editathons and hackathons.
- I would like to focus on bringing in more student editors to the wikiverse so that even the technical expertise of the Indian community increases incrementally.
- Already made a wiki contribution agreement with K L University where the students get credits for contributing to the technical issues and requests of the Indic community. I would like to make many more such agreements so that the current technical divide gets closed in due time.
- I would like to apply my top level experience of organising several large scale fests in my college to organise a WikiSource or MediaWiki summit/conference so as to bring together wikimedians under a single roof and help grow the movement.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
I Srikar Kashyap Pulipaka solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Place: Vijayawada, India
Date: 24 March 2017
Name: Srikar Kashyap Pulipaka