Elections 2016/Nominations/Rahul Deshmukh
Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2016
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate: Rahul Deshmukh
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later): INDI-757
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later):January 2012
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Membership ID: INDI-127
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile* (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- Involved with Wikipedia, Wikibooks, and Wikiquotes.
- Working with Wikipedia for more than 10 years.
- One of the topmost marathi wikipedia editor.
- Currently Admin on Marathi Wikipedia.
- Initiated programs related to Wikipedia and its growth towards awareness and participation.
- Initiated Marathi Bhasha Gaurav Din in collaboration with Maharashtra Government language department.
Position Statement/Letter of intent* (in not more than 200 words):
- Would like to focus on Increasing reach and Increasing participation in Wikimedia India Chapter.
- Wikimedia India Chapter's role is very important towards the growth of regional Wikipedia communities.
- My work experience can help to create efficient administration with a to goal increase outreach and awareness of Wikimedia India Chapter and eventually Wikipedia projects.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
I Rahul Deshmukh solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Date: 24th March 2017
Name: Rahul Deshmukh