Elections 2016/Nominations/Harvinder Chandigarh
Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2016
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate:Harvinder Chandigarh
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later):INDI-665
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later):
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Name:Ajit Kumar Tiwari
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile* (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- Joined the Wikipedia in March 2015 and since then I am pro active on it and its related projects.
- Multilingual editor and therefore contributed adequate content to Punjabi, Hindi, English,Shahmukhi(West Punabi), Urdu ,Fiji Hindi Wikipedias and Commons.My total edit count is above 8300.
- Uploaded nearly 1500 images on Commons ,having high documentary value.
- Special interest in cultural and natural heritage-organised special visits in few States in North India and covered important as well vanishing/neglected historical monuments and natural entities such as water bodies,bird sancturies, birds and animal species etc.
- On the basis of contribution of just one year got an opportunity to participate in Wikimania 2016.
- Contributed significantly through offline activites especially by writing series of articles in Vernacular print media and talks to writers and media persons.
- Contributed in many important events of the movement Punjab and Chandigarh.
- Proposed to form two User Groups(Wikimedians of North India" and "Hindi Wikimedians") to promote the movement in North India, where it is yet at primitive stage in many States.
Position Statement/Letter of intent* (in not more than 200 words):
- I would like to enhance involvement of Wikimedia India Chapter in all regions of the nation where it has not penetrated yet.
- I have the experience of working as a senior State Government officer of Punjab State and hence I would utilize my this experience to further strengthen the movement in the country in a systematic manner by formulating and implementing an "Action Plan" through Wikimedia India Chapter.
- I would also try to integrate various projects of the movement with the government for the purpose of good governance as well as strengthening the movement.
- I am an established writer and have good say and acceptability among writers,media and intelligentsia.I have been organizing various talks/workshops etc with these sections in my area of operation i.e. Punjab.I would utilize this advantage of mine for strengthening the movement in all other areas through strategic involvement of WMIC.
- I have an adequate offline experience of strengthening the movement through writing articles in vernacular(Punjabi) print media which has made a visible impact on the growth of the movement. I would like to arrange to replicate this experience in every part of the country through the Chapter.
- I would like to enhance outreach and coverage to those regions,Wikipedias and languages neglected so for.
- I would like to make arrangements for ensuring the financial sustainability of the Chapter which is further expected to ensure the overall sustainability and improvement of the movement in the country.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
I Harvinder Singh solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Date:21 March 2017
Name: Harvinder Singh