Dear Member, The Election Committee appointed by Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee
(EC) for notifying and conducting the Election to Wikimedia Chapter EC election, hereby announces the election to the Wikimedia Chapter EC for the two year term. A detailed ‘Rules & Regulations for the Election’ is available on wiki (http://wiki.wikimedia.in/File:WMINElectionAndAppointmentRules.pdf) which includes the Nomination Form for Candidature (at Page 7). Approved Members who are on the membership roll as on 23rd Jan 2017 are eligible to participate in the Election and contest the Election (as per by-laws, based on the date of election and Annual General Meeting scheduled for 23rd April 2017. This will include updates if any to the members list which will be used for finalizing the slate of candidates as well as for mailing ballots.
Please note the following details:
1. Date of election: 23 April 2017.
2. Place and timing for voting in person: As per Annual General Meeting Agenda which will be communicated by Chapter later.
3. Place of for sending postal communication: Wikimedia Chapter, No.194, 2nd 'C' Cross, Dommaluru 2nd stage, Bangalore 560071. India.
4. Last date and time of receiving nominations: 24 Mar 2017, 11:59 PM IST
5. Scrutiny and Publishing Draft slate of candidates: 25 March 2017
6. Last date for withdrawal of nominations: 1 April 2017 11:59 PM
7. Publishing final slate of candidates: 2 April 2017.
The Executive Committee and the Election Committee will host an IRC on 19 March 2017 between 9PM and 10.30PM on IRC channel #wikimedia-in. All potential candidates and WMIN members are requested to make use of this for any clarifications on rules and procedures with Election Committee and Executive Committee.
There will be second IRC meeting on 9 April 2017 between Candidates and the Voters. Voters can make use of this opportunity to interact with each candidate in WMIN election. Attendance by candidates is mandatory. Voters can share a list of questions earlier to help manage time. Election
Mr. Kishore AT: Polling Officer Dr. Abhijeet Safai: Polling Officer Mr. Yogesh KS: Returning Officer
You can contact us via Talk:Elections 2017 for any clarifications or discussions.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation to conduct the election in free and fair manner.
- Dr. Abhijeet Safai