Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2014
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate: Yogesh Khandke
Membership ID:INDI - 217
Member Since: 2012-05-31
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Name: Karthik Nadar
Membership ID: INDI 222
Name: Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Membership ID: INDI-228
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile* (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- Was mentioned by Sue Gardner, CEO WMF with respect to the Ganga/ Ganges debate.
- English Wikipedia contribution: 10000 edits,, articles created 129.
- Created article: Racism in the work of Charles Dickens
- Conducted Marathi Wikipedia workshop at
- Conducted English Wikipedia workshop at NMIMS, Shirpur Campus.
- Delegate at Wiki Conference India, 2011.
- Participant of local meetups.
Position Statement/Letter of intent* (in not more than 200 words):
- In response to the Ganga/ Ganges debate, Sue Gardner CEO, WMF said, "There are two Indian guys arguing one side, and then there's a bunch of casual editors from the United States and Europe arguing the other... And it's interesting because there's this tiny number of Indians who care a lot and are correct and have all kinds of citations and evidence to support their view, and then there's this group who just are rebuffing them because the numbers are on their side...", India has adequate English language skills, I wish to tap this reservoir escalate outreach activities, aggressively take Wikipedia editing to students, so as to widen the contributing base from India, thus attempt to correct the lacunae as mentioned by Gardner.
- Arrange workshops for experienced editors for skill enhancement.
- Lobby with the Marathi Vishvakosh Mandal to make the encyclopaedia available on Attribution CC BY license so as to strengthen the free knowledge movement.
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any) No Conflict of Interest.
I Yogesh J. Khandke solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Signature(Use Wiki Signature): Yogesh Khandke