Nomination form for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2014
(To be initiated by Proposer and updated by Seconder and the Candidate wishing to contest for Election and submitted as per the due date)
Name of the candidate:Sibi Kanagaraj
Membership ID (can be updated by Candidate later):INDI - 405
Member Since (can be updated by Candidate later):Late 2013(Will verify )
(As per Wikimedia Chapter by-laws, a Member for election to Executive Committee should have been member for at least 3 months before the date of the meeting of the AGM/Election).
Name: Karthik Nadar
Membership ID:INDI - 222
Sundar Balasundara Raman Lakshmanan
Signature(Use Wiki Signature): Sundar 14:45, 24 October 2014 (IST)
Acceptance by the Candidate
Short Profile* (including past involvement in Wikimedia activities in not more than 100 words):
- Currently Secretary , Free Software Foundation Tamil Nadu (FSFTN) .
- Nearly 7 years of activist life as free knowledge , free culture grassroots activist, Has delivered nearly 70 lectures on Free Software Philosophy , Tools and Culture in colleges across Tamil Nadu and interacted with hundreds of students
- Was involved in organising workshops on free software, organising Software Freedom Day celebrations and Education Freedom Day, focussing on free culture and the role of education in Chennai and adjacent districts .
- Has helped in setting up of GNU/Linux Users' Groups across the State and in training, motivating volunteers to work towards spreading Free Software
- Has participated in Community Computing Centre initiatives for children from economically backward backgrounds in Bangalore and Chennai.
- Part of 2 Gender Gap Wikipedia Outreach events
- Organised and handled one Gender Gap Session in CEG
- Active member in Tamil Wikipedia community with over 1900 edits and English wiki with over 800 edits
- Translated around 100 representational images in various formats into Tamil under a specific Project in Tamil Wikipedia
- I hold a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science Engineering . I also hold a P.G Diploma in Patent law from Nalsar University.As on October 2014, I am pursuing a Masters in Computer Science . I have nearly 2 years of IT industry experience in the software firm Robert Bosch as ABAP programmer .I am also an Indian Administrative Service aspirant, having written Civil Services Examination mains examinations in the years 2011 and 2012
Position Statement/Letter of intent* (in not more than 200 words):
If elected would strive for
- Bridging Gender Gap
- Helping in creating an eco system for development of Wikipedia's Free Knowledge
- Taking Wikipedia to the masses
- A Free knowledge community in India
- Talking with government officials and newspapers and getting archives in CC compliant license
- Taking lead for Outreach Programs
Conflict of Interest disclosure (if any)
As of now, I do not have any conflict of interests in acting as an Executive Committee Member of the Wikimedia India Chapter. In the event that a conflict of interest arises, I shall truthfully disclose them and rescue myself from engaging in decision making regarding the same.
I , Sibi Kanagaraj solemnly affirm to hold the aims and objectives of Wikimedia Chapter in highest esteem and strive to the best of my ability in serving the cause of Wikimedia Chapter.
Date:24 October , 2014
Signature(Use Wiki Signature):--Commons sibi 14:30, 24 October 2014 (IST)