Chapter Registration accomplished
Date:14 Jan 2011
We are very pleased to announce the successful registration of the Wikimedia Chapter vide Registrar of Societies, Bangalore Urban District Certificate No: SOR/BLU/DR/1137/10-11 dt 03 Jan 2011.
We have become a formal entity due to the untiring efforts of Wikipedians (in alphabetical order) Anirudh Bhati, Arjuna Rao Chavala, Arun Ramarathnam, Balasundararaman, Gautam John, Hari Prasad Nadig, Srinivas Gunta for over two long years with support from Achal Prabhala, Wikimedia Foundation Advisory Board member, Bishakha Datta, Wikimedia Foundation Trustee and Barry Newstead, Chief Global Development Officer, Wikimedia Foundation.
We would like to place on record the support by Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore, specially its director, Sunil Abraham for extending their office support for chapter and community meetings and registration support by its auditor Mr MN Rao. The efforts of Gautam John and Arun Ramarathnam in working with registration authorities are appreciated.
We are delighted with this development, as Wikimedians all over world are celebrating Wikipedia's Tenth anniversary this week. We have over 60 events happening in India(http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:India). At this juncture, we would like to commit ourselves to taking Wikimedia Movement to greater heights by engaging with Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedian community in India and all Indians by working with special focus on all Indian languages including English.
With your active participation and support, Chapter can play a key role in enabling access to free knowledge to everyone. In the next few weeks, you will hear more actively from the Chapter on various initiatives. In the mean time, for any questions, please send a mail to executive committee mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do check Wikimedia India website http://wikimedia.in for further updates.
On behalf of Wikimedia India Executive Committee,
Arjuna Rao Chavala
PS: Please help reduce the noise on the mailing list to the minimum by not sending your appreciation remarks to the entire list and placing the same on wikimedia.in announcement discussion pages.
- Congrats to all . Wikimedia India chapter is now a reality. Don't know how to thank all those who have worked tirelessly for this for years & months. - Tinucherian 02:19, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Yes, it is quite a relief that this formal exercise to get registered is done. Now we can all focus fully on the community connect and the initiatives. Thanks to everyone for their patience during the registration exercise. Best regards Arunram 02:29, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Congrats to all and special thanks to all EC members in going through the process for a prolonged period persistently to make this happen. I hope with a Chapter we could do much more things than as a group of individuals. Looking forward to hearing more from Chapter. Regards, Logicwiki 03:23, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Perfect timing. Congrats for all who worked for this. Looking forward to chapter's iniatives--Ravidreams 06:32, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Just adding links to History of Wikimedia India Chapter formation and Memorandum of Association for reference - Tinucherian 06:48, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Congratulations! Kudos to the founding team for the perseverance. Ganeshk 08:17, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Really brilliant news. Proud that you were able to do this with integrity and honesty - there's no excuse for the hoops you were put through to get registered, but hey, now that it's been done, looking forward to seeing you go! --aprabhala 09:10, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Congratulations! Today is a red letter day that will be remembered by generations to come. AroundTheGlobe 10:49, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Congratulations from Hyderabad! అభినందనలు! — Veeven 11:17, 14 January 2011 (EST)
- Congratulations from Bhubaneswar! Looking forward in future to come up with individual chapters from India chapter for multiple Indian languages ଜଗଦୀଶ ଉତ୍ତରକବାଟ 10:27, 18 January 2011 (IST)
- Congratulations from Kolkata! and also Bengali Wikipedia.Jayantanth 23:13, 29 January 2011 (EST)