Announcements/Announcing live search for the Wikimedia projects
Greetings from Wikimedia India !!!
We are proud to announce live search for the Wikimedia projects http://live.wikimedia.in.
The site was developed by Shrey Gokani under guidance of Wikimedia India Chapter.
We want to thank Shrey Gokani for volunteering to do this project and making this a reality.
We also want to thank Santhosh Thottingal and Junaid P V for the contributions for this project.
Special thanks to Naveen Francis for leading this initiative.
How to use ?
- Select your Wikimedia Project, say “Wikipedia”
- Select language of the project to search, say “English”
- Input your search string in the Search: Box
- The site auto displays possible pages based on the string match.
- The site is also integrated with Narayam to support Indic language search. So select the corresponding input method ( if available) while searching on a Indic Project.
This is still a beta version and further improvements are needed. As of now, it supports only English and Indic Language projects.
For further queries, reporting bugs and suggestions, please contact us :- email@example.com
Thanks, Tinu Cherian. Wikimedia India http://wiki.wikimedia.in